Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday will mark the 1 year anniversary for me and my SLS. To celebrate, I took her to the track. I only got two runs in. The first was a 15.516 @ 90.78 mph. The ambiant temp was 34. Run #2 was better, 15.243 @ 92.27 mph. Ambiant temp was 36. This was my first trip to the track with the SLS, and I am pleased with the times. Now I am going to be looking to shave a few tenths off of those times. My only mod is a K&N drop in. What can be added, to drop into the 14's? I am only interested in tried and true mods. Things that are known to indrease hp in the N*. Oh and nitrous is not an option. Too many bad things can happen. Thanks

Don

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
A new exhaust from the cat to the tips with larger pipe and performance mufflers is the most common mod. It will cost a few bucks, but it will help.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Do exhaust. And/or spray a 35 shot, that's an incredibly safe power level there. Remember we have good cast pistons and IIRC forged rods...

But exhaust and going on the coldest day you can find would more than likely get you into the very high 14s.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will a Corsa exhaust really drop several tenths? I would like to install one, but at just over $1k, I would want more than just sound.

Don

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
My exhaust cost me about $300 at the most. I bought two Dynomax mufflers for $65 from Jegs, two stainless steel dual exhaust tips for $85 from Fast Toys and had a shop install everything with 2.5" pipe from the cat back. I can't give you times for I don't go to the track.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Dadillac said:
Will a Corsa exhaust really drop several tenths? I would like to install one, but at just over $1k, I would want more than just sound.
Don
I wouldn't necissarily say several, but maybe up to .3 or so just as a guess. It's hard to figure out exactly since if you go before you have the exhaust on a hot day you could run a 15.6, then afterwards on a cold day run a 15.1 and you might think the exhaust gave you 1/2 second. Same with other variables like weight, track prep, etc... I like the Corsa's sound but I'd be tempted to just have a local exhaust shop make me a good catback with whatever mufflers I wanted for about 1/3 the price of the Corsa.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only problem with having a local shop do it, is that there aren't any "real" shops around. We have some Midas and Meineke's, but they are far from competent enough to do the job. They are factory replacement guys, and that is about it. I will figure something out. I found the Corsa exhaust for about $945.00. But even at that price, I would expect a large return, that I know i will not get.

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts