Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC & 1994 Pontiac Firehawk
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'm not the first to post about this, so if there is a good thread anwsering me question please send the link. But how do I put Angel Eyes into my car? Is there a kit or should I just head up to a local customs shop (got some of the best in Florida around me)?

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
No, there is def some grinding that has to be done. In some states its ILLEGAL. Btw i dont mean to knock it cuz im only 19 but 16 damn how the hell are you buyin all this shit to put on to an ETC. Not like the stuff or the car is cheep, and you took away gary88 dynasty and mine before him.

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
CadillacETC1997 said:
no there is def some grinding that has to be done and in some states its ILLEGAL and btw i dont mean to knock it cuz im only 19 but 16 damn how the hell are you buyin all this shit to put on to an ETC not like the stuff or the car is cheep and you took away gary88 dynasty and mine before him
Damn dude, can you start using caps and some periods in your posts. I'm not trying to bust balls but it'll make it a little easier to read your stuff. Take an extra few seconds while you're doing your posts to do these things.

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
CadillacETC1997 said:
There better lol?
Now, we're getting there. :thumbsup: Just take the time and use some punctuation. LOL.

·
Registered
35 Posts
CadillacETC1997 said:
No, there is def some grinding that has to be done. In some states its ILLEGAL. Btw i dont mean to knock it cuz im only 19 but 16 damn how the hell are you buyin all this shit to put on to an ETC. Not like the stuff or the car is cheep, and you took away gary88 dynasty and mine before him.

Well, let me post from my personal life experience. I am 23, but at 18, I was paying for a 25k Trans Am, and paying for who knows how much in mods done to the car. It's all in your own personal ability to "budget" thingsm, and more importantely keep track of your cash flow. When I was younger, I called it "doing what I had to do to get the money", but it basically is if you want something bad enough, you find a way to get the money for it. I hate when people criticize others on how they afford certain things. Hell, my STS only cost me 5,500 cash, and that isn't too expensive these days for a 300hp 4 door in my opinion!

BTW-in Tennessee, it's also "illegal" to not run cats on a car, but i haven't had a emissions legal Trans Am in 3+ years, and it goes through emissions inspection like any other car out there. There's something to be said for ingenuity. I am in the process of talking myself into these "angel eyes" headlights right now. In the LSx world, we call them "halos", but they seem to be the same thing, and I love them!

I'm just not impressed with the small gap it leaves between the headlight and the corner light. Maybe someone will come up with a way around that, maybe a black plastic insert that fills in the hole?! :confused:

·
Registered
'85 Seville Commemorative, '69 Sedan deVille, '06 CTS Sport
424 Posts
I'm having some trouble finding exactly what to purchase for this mod. Im finding either the square-ish lights that are stock (no halos) or halo lights with a small corner light attached. I assume the corner light is removeable, but where can i get a set without the corner light? Any help on where to pick up a set of these that will fit for sure? would the BMW dealer carry these? Thanks for any help!

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
NO NO i really not getting on his case believe me im just curious if its him or a mom and dad budgeted car and hes payin for the mods. I bought my TA and my ETC and Stang all with my own cash and i know how difficult that was.

·
Registered
35 Posts
highonchai said:
I'm having some trouble finding exactly what to purchase for this mod. Im finding either the square-ish lights that are stock (no halos) or halo lights with a small corner light attached. Any help on where to pick up a set of these that will fit for sure? would the BMW dealer carry these? Thanks for any help!

I actually was wondering the same thing. I would assume that the "stock" block style setup is what everyone is using, and they come with the "halo" look" without being true Xenon lights with ballast and all. This is the case with the halo lights for LSx cars. I would like to use these Block lights, and some silverstar bulbs, i would think they would be NICE at night.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ok I found them at procarparts.com, the only decision now is black, or chrome, im leaning towards chrome... But is there a difference between the 2 dr, 4dr and the 3 series??

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Iight so if I buy E36 headlights they will fight right in with no mods? And how I got this car...I been saving money since 6th grade, I always been a lil' hustler from selling candy bars to cds to dvds, doing odd jobs (painting houses, getting peoples yards looking nice, installing tiles/hardwood floors, detailing cars, ect). Now I co-own a car-audio business which brings me cash along with my other job of building bikes. Both jobs I am my own boss, work my own hours, ect. Money is easy to make, motivation to make it is the hard part. And I do drive a nicer car then my parents (Honda Accord and Honda Civic). But can someone please help me with the angel eye thing, if I can buy the headlights and put them in without doing anything Imma go pick them up a.s.a.p.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
yup it can be done check the mods forum theres a how to do it for a sts there etcs and stss are extreamly similar so it should be the same work

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Iiight, looks like they will fit good, now do those have the H.I.D. or Xenons or w.e the real bright lights are or do I need to get those lights and later on upgrades teh bulbs?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Im pretty sure that they work with the stock bulbs youre running. Im running silverstars right now so hopefully when i make this mod (in the spring... hooray for warmth) the silverstars will make a more noticeable difference.

·
Registered
2005 SRX V6 AWD
429 Posts
You mean those Beamer lights mount exactly in the same place as our headlights? That would be freakin cool ;) How much grinding is required?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts