Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Don't expect an update...If you read it they will update 2016 models. We are not going to get anything unless its to try and correct functionality that is not working. GM may have intended to give us updates but once they saw how the quirky CUE was and how different the units reacted to the same version of software I think they decided not to even try (ignore). if they provide an update they will introduce a bunch of new problems they will have to address and the cost of that will be prohibited. I'm sure they never expected to spend so much on warranty work for an infotainment system.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Don't expect an update...If you read it they will update 2016 models. We are not going to get anything unless its to try and correct functionality that is not working. GM may have intended to give us updates but once they saw how the quirky CUE was and how different the units reacted to the same version of software I think they decided not to even try (ignore). if they provide an update they will introduce a bunch of new problems they will have to address and the cost of that will be prohibited. I'm sure they never expected to spend so much on warranty work for an infotainment system.
They got some bad developers. Good developers program for the future, multiple platforms, various settings, etc. They can't even get the api on there site for 3rd party apps on the gm developer site and it takes months to get a reply.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Does the 2013 and 2014 cue even have the power for carplay or android auto? I'm sure there are minimum specs that are recommended.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,396 Posts
As said above I don't think we know if Carplay or Android could be added to the older model cars even if they wanted to and the idea that they should plan for what will be developed in the future so it can be added later is easier said than done.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
As said above I don't think we know if Carplay or Android could be added to the older model cars even if they wanted to and the idea that they should plan for what will be developed in the future so it can be added later is easier said than done.
So 2013 and 2014 owners are stuck with a lesser quality product? No updates for us? GM takes our money and abandons us? Correct me if i'm wrong, but initially GM had said they would provide regular updates for owners. Is that no longer the case?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
So far nothing but Crickets from GM reference CUE updates for us ATS "Charter" members. I don't think they said they "Would" provide updates but did say it would be up-datable so that it would not become outdated. Ambiguous statement and based on no updates to to date it was misleading at best.

"UPDATEABLE SOFTWARE
Software can be upgraded during the life of the vehicle, so CUE will never become outdated."

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
So far nothing but Crickets from GM reference CUE updates for us ATS "Charter" members. I don't think they said they "Would" provide updates but did say it would be up-datable so that it would not become outdated. Ambiguous statement and based on no updates to to date it was misleading at best.

"UPDATEABLE SOFTWARE
Software can be upgraded during the life of the vehicle, so CUE will never become outdated."
Wondering, can we pay GM to update CUE? They are saying the system will never be outdated, however aren't providing updates? hmm, come on GM.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts

"UPDATEABLE SOFTWARE
"CUE will never become outdated'.... nothing ambiguous at all in that statement .....Cue will never be outdated is a promise that Cadillac reneged on and out and out lied to us about. It's crap like that that might make this the last Cadillac I'll ever buy.....and I love the car :ripped:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I assumed updates might co$t us like Map updates and not be free but so far nothing has been offered free or fee.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I assumed updates might co$t us and not be free similar to Map updates but so far nothing has been offered free or fee.
Even the map updates aren't free.....as for updates; they will be no more....GM has told us this in so many ways.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Rusty my wording on the Map updates was confusing. I edited it to be clear as to what I meant. I just updated my maps and it sure was not free.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Can be updated and will never become outdated (we just did not mean your vehicle) and behind that smile she is saying, suckers.

Also what is the definition of life of the vehicle, 3 yrs, 4 year warranty period? No way should anyone assume if they kept their ATS for 10 + years that they would provide updates or that it would not become outdated at some point. On top of that the hardware is out dated before the first CUE was ever installed so their claim CUE will never become outdated was ludicrous to begin with. Just like a political promise, its what we want to hear but no plan or way to accomplish their promise. Live and learn, next time I'm going to get a pinky promise before I buy a car :)

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
Can be updated and will never become outdated (we just did not mean your vehicle) and behind that smile she is saying, suckers.

Also what is the definition of life of the vehicle, 3 yrs, 4 year warranty period? No way should anyone assume if they kept their ATS for 10 + years that they would provide updates or that it would not become outdated at some point. On top of that the hardware is out dated before the first CUE was ever installed so their claim CUE will never become outdated was ludicrous to begin with. Just like a political promise, its what we want to hear but no plan or way to accomplish their promise. Live and learn, next time I'm going to get a pinky promise before I buy a car :)
My car is 4 months old, how about an update? Updates and bugs should be treated like any other warranty work. I put my car into reverse, the camera sometimes stays on for the next couple of miles. Dealer says its normal. No update for that.

In my opinion, software updates as a result of poor or incorrect operation should be considered warranty work.

Wait, how about an update for the trembling at idle? BTW, that's not directed at you, or the other users. Talking about GM.

·
Registered
548 Posts
My car is 4 months old, how about an update? Updates and bugs should be treated like any other warranty work. I put my car into reverse, the camera sometimes stays on for the next couple of miles. Dealer says its normal. No update for that.

In my opinion, software updates as a result of poor or incorrect operation should be considered warranty work.

Wait, how about an update for the trembling at idle? BTW, that's not directed at you, or the other users. Talking about GM.
Camera being on is not normal. Unfortunately, there fix is to replace CUE.

----------

As far as this thread goes, If Cadillac gave other models the ability to use Airplay and Androdd Auto bug free, I'd be happy. At least then, I can count on Google to keep it updated.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Rusty my wording on the Map updates was confusing. I edited it to be clear as to what I meant. I just updated my maps and it sure was not free.
....and you know, they never promised our maps would be updated for free.....and I can live with that.....but they did promise us that CUE will never be outdated. Hell, I couldn't even get them to upgrade my HMI from 1.1 to 2.0 so I could make use of the weather animations (later models of the 2013 ATS cars had it.....but not the first releases). I went through the GM channels only to be told: too bad.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts

You are correct in you belief that bugs and updates to fix them should be covered under warranty. In my case my dealer did multiple updates/fixes to correct CUE to get it to work right and thankfully it now does at least to the 2013 standard. We all are directing this frustration at GM so we know where you are coming from.

As another member stated, backup camera staying on after you take the car out of reverse should only be a couple of seconds at most so don't buy the that's "normal" answer. I would take advantage of the customer service rep on this forum to contact the dealer about your concern and go to different SAs until you find one that has a clue and you like.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts