Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
None listed
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought what I thought to be was a certified pre-owned CTS-V with 12k miles on it a month ago car was beautiful but I did say something bout the tires look work out guy said that's how high performance tires look yeah ok whatever so fast forward to today took car to get ceramic coated and there doing the wheels as well well the guy sent me this picture of my front driver side tire I've only put 7 or 800 miles on the car and I talked with the manager and he said they would have to check it out to see if it was my fault or there WTF really not even a thousand miles I've put

Attachments

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,680 Posts
Should have checked date codes on the tires and inspected them closer. It definitely looks like they needed to put a set of tires on it before CPO, though.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,580 Posts
Your thread title and first sentence makes it clear you don't know what kind of warranty coverage your vehicle was sold with.

There's no such thing as sort-of pregnant. You either do or don't have a CPO warranty. Warranty coverage is explicitly stated at the time of purchase and a detailed 172-point check list is furnished to the buyer as part of the CPO documentation package. The salesman BS-ing you about high performance tires normally looking worn-out, (yeah, if they ARE) would have prompted me to find another salesman. I'd be willing to bet you didn't request a Build Sheet and Service History for the car either. Those are must-have documents prior to purchasing any pre-owned vehicle.

Yours is a cautionary tale of how NOT to buy a used car. If any pre-and/or post sales agreements aren't in writing, they don't exist. Understand what your're signing up for and you decrease the odds of buyer's remorse later on. Virtually all of us have been taken by a car salesman at least once.

CPO info here: https://www.cadillac.com/certified-pre-owned

Tires are supposed to be inspected as part of the CPO certification on a SAT/UNSAT rating. (Mine had the tread depth measurements annotated for each tire.) If questionable, you can often negotiate a deal (for new tires) at the time of purchase, but it's up to the buyer to point out any signs of wear and request free replacement or new parts at the dealer's cost; dealerships aren't in the habit of volunteering to replace ANYTHING that will cost them money. The only time you have any chance of negotiating during a vehicle transaction is prior to signing the contract. After that, you're SOL.

Use this as an opportunity to learn from; in this case, your experience is a good lesson for others, so it's not a total wash.

CCC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts