Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if disabling the noise cancelling mics will improve the factory subwoofer sound quality? I know many cut the mic wires when installing an aftermarket subwoofer, but is there any benefit of disabling it with the stock sub?

Thanks

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
I didn't notice any. I just drove my car home from the dealer today after they did a few fixes without my sub. If they havent performed the rattle fix have them do it. I noticed an improvement after that.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
I didn't notice any. I just drove my car home from the dealer today after they did a few fixes without my sub. If they havent performed the rattle fix have them do it. I noticed an improvement after that.
What is the rattle fix? When I start my 2.0 ATS in the morning, something in the engine compartment always rattles for a good couple of minutes until it warms up.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
There would be no benefit of disabling the ANC for your factory sub. It sounds like crap because the sub is crap. Mids and highs are good but if you really wanted better replace the sub or add one in the trunk.

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
true to that man!
duneless said:
There would be no benefit of disabling the ANC for your factory sub. It sounds like crap because the sub is crap. Mids and highs are good but if you really wanted better replace the sub or add one in the trunk.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
What is the rattle fix? When I start my 2.0 ATS in the morning, something in the engine compartment always rattles for a good couple of minutes until it warms up.
Look up. Rattle fix is for the sub, not your engine.

The rattle fix helps the factory sub sound much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts