Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Premium ATS 2.0T AWD
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I meant to make this post about six months ago, but ... well ... time flies when you're having fun. I spend winters in Park City Utah and summers in Los Angeles, and I'd been having trouble finding a good service department to take care of my ATS. Now don't get me wrong, most dealers have been fine doing the basics; but now I've found one service technician who really seems to want to throughly evaluate my car, inform me of the status, and perform ALL of the software updates, service bulletins, recalls, and periodic maintenance required. That technician is our own forum member Jason Eiler (jeiler9865).

After my mediocre experience with a couple nearby dealers in Los Angeles, I PM'd Jason to see where he worked, he replied he was in West Covina at Crestview Cadillac. While, depending upon traffic, I'm 45 minutes to an hour away, I decided it was worth the drive. Jason also gave me the name and number of the service manger to setup my appointment. I replied with a list of my issues and called to setup an appointment.

The morning of my appointment, while my service manger Eddie wrote up my service order, Jason happened to walk in the office. We said hi and he took my keys, before my order was even complete he'd checked my CUE software and reported back that it was out of date (even though it had recently been to another dealer). I was already happy I'd brought my car to him.

During the day, Jason would text me if he found any issues with my ATS. I won't go into all the things he took care of, but I was totally satisfied with my service visit. When I picked up my car Jason came out and went over what he'd done (I don't expect this is normal, but I enjoyed learning more about what he'd done).

I've now returned from Park City and my ATS needs some routine service as well as some recall items. You can be sure I'll be calling Eddie and asking for Jason to do my work. If your within driving distance of West Covina (East of LA), I totally recommend Crestview Cadillac for service - and specifically Jason Eiler. Thanks for the great service Jason, and for participating here in the forum.

·
Registered
2016 Premium ATS 2.0T AWD
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, bittersweet news. Jason has taken a position training all of the GM technicians in the Southern California regional center (something I'd probably know if I hadn't been away so long). So can't take my car to him anymore, but good for him that his work is being recognized and rewarded.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,681 Posts
Well, bittersweet news. Jason has taken a position training all of the GM technicians in the Southern California regional center (something I'd probably know if I hadn't been away so long). So can't take my car to him anymore, but good for him that his work is being recognized and rewarded.
Hope he's getting the pay he deserves.

Now he needs to start an underground Angies List kind of service to let people know which techs at which dealers know their stuff. I have my credit card out.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,541 Posts
Well it's good people do recognize when you are good at what you do. Sometimes it takes longer for someone to realize the quality someone puts out. Or you get rail roaded by someone that is jealous of your work ethic. And lose your job all together while they keep the substandard ones. I hire at my job and train them. The work ethic has changed since I started working. Now it's "Yo let me get a job man". They can't even fill out an application properly. I had one the other day that spelled his own name wrong. I looked to hire him thinking that was his name. Had HR do the normal stuff and his name came back spelled slightly different. And one that said he worked at Doncin Donuts for 3 years. Yes that's how he spelled it after being there 3 years. I can't make this $hit up. Whatever.

But congrats to Jason for a job well done and run to the top where you belong.
----------

I like that idea. You might be on to something there. Mo money,Mo money.

Now he needs to start an underground Angies List kind of service to let people know which techs at which dealers know their stuff. I have my credit card out.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts

Go ahead post your card number, name as it appears on the card, expiration date, and that 3 digit number on the back and he'll contact you shortly. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,681 Posts
Go ahead post your card number, name as it appears on the card, expiration date, and that 3 digit number on the back and he'll contact you shortly. ;)
I'm a patriot. So I only use an AMERICAN Express card and it doesn't have a puny 3 digit code on the back; it has an impressive 4 digit one on the front. ;)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Don't forget the RFID chip in your American Express card so the man can track you:mad2:
I'm a patriot. So I only use an AMERICAN Express card and it doesn't have a puny 3 digit code on the back; it has an impressive 4 digit one on the front. ;)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts