Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3.6 rwd premium2009 cts
670 Posts
it rocks!!!!:yup:
i want to thank andy from kpe for giving me an outstanding service as well,
it brings the car alive,no more sluggish gear changes.
it will cruz as usual when driving normal but will smoke out the tires if you press it hard.
worth every penny dont think twice buy it.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
107 Posts
I concur I have had the tune for a few months now must admit, it does make the car drive like it should. I keep my module in a safe place, and make sure u put in the premium gas and u r good to go.

·
Registered
3.6 rwd premium2009 cts
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: an ipf/kpe ecu and tcu review.

day 3 with the setup update-
it truly transforms the car,its just unbelievable.

·
Registered
Traded in that boat anchor
129 Posts

I just bought a 2011 cts with the performance package and I think it feels really sluggish when I drive around town and am light on the throttle. Will this tune help with that ? I thought at first that maybe the throttle body or MAF may need cleaning and that may be the case but I thought I would ask if that helps on the low end
Thanks.

K

·
0 Posts

I just bought a 2011 cts with the performance package and I think it feels really sluggish when I drive around town and am light on the throttle. Will this tune help with that ? I thought at first that maybe the throttle body or MAF may need cleaning and that may be the case but I thought I would ask if that helps on the low end
Thanks.
If you look at the dyno graph below you will see there is alot of torque at the bottom end, which will help your situation. These cars tend to feel a little "heavy" we addressed that issue with low end torque and improved throttle response. We also manipulate the torque management and many other parameters to improve the overall drivability of the car.

ANDY-CTS TUNED 1 WEB.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a 2011 Performance Coupe and felt just like you. I did tons and tons of research. After debating it for a couple of months I bought the KPE time. Absolutely no regrets. The bought the trans tune. Again no regrets. Coupe is more responsive, shifts quicker and I'm not even running premium fuel. I was worried about wasting the money but it was the best change I could make. I thought I had an issue and Andy was quick to react and make sure it was user stupidity (which it was) and not a problem with their software.

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts

I bought a 2011 Performance Coupe and felt just like you. I did tons and tons of research. After debating it for a couple of months I bought the KPE time. Absolutely no regrets. The bought the trans tune. Again no regrets. Coupe is more responsive, shifts quicker and I'm not even running premium fuel. I was worried about wasting the money but it was the best change I could make. I thought I had an issue and Andy was quick to react and make sure it was user stupidity (which it was) and not a problem with their software.
So you got the engine and trans tune and use it with regular (87 octane) gas and notice improvements? I thought you had to run premium to get any benefit. Did you get a special tune for regular if that exists? This is news to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nothing special. I just run regular. I wanted better response and quicker reaction and I got it with what they provided. I'm extremely happy.

·
Registered
12 CTS Premium - 10 CTS Luxury - Sold= 04 CTS Luxury
311 Posts

I appreciate the review as i have been trying to research and get a review on the tune. how exactly does this tune work with installation? is it a Plug and play type of thing? Or do i actually have to get it dynoed by a proffessional and tweak the settings ?

K

·
0 Posts

I appreciate the review as i have been trying to research and get a review on the tune. how exactly does this tune work with installation? is it a Plug and play type of thing? Or do i actually have to get it dynoed by a proffessional and tweak the settings ?
You download your tuning file from our server using the IPF module and then upload to your vehicle. The process takes about 15-20 minutes and requires a PC running Windows XP, 7, 8 or 8.1 and an internet connection. No professional services required, We have technical support available by telephone to assist as well if necessary.

----------

So you got the engine and trans tune and use it with regular (87 octane) gas and notice improvements? I thought you had to run premium to get any benefit. Did you get a special tune for regular if that exists? This is news to me.

We do not make an 87 Octane specific tune for performance and don't necessarily recommend using lesser grade fuel. I know of several people who do run regular and of course I can not force you to use premium. It is a free country :), but the software will yield much better performance and a cleaner burning engine with premium fuel, we recommend it and so does Cadillac. Also with low grade fuel you do run the risk of detonation.

·
Registered
12 CTS Premium - 10 CTS Luxury - Sold= 04 CTS Luxury
311 Posts

can I flash back to the original oem settings at any point?

You download your tuning file from our server using the IPF module and then upload to your vehicle. The process takes about 15-20 minutes and requires a PC running Windows XP, 7, 8 or 8.1 and an internet connection. No professional services required, We have technical support available by telephone to assist as well if necessary.

----------

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll burn premium for the next five tank gulls (that will take a few weeks - I don't drive the coupe except on sunny days and I work from. Home) and see if I notice a change in performance. I'll update once I have done so.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance AWD, 2014 CTS Performance Coupe AWD
16 Posts
KPE 3.6L ECU and TCU tunes installed

My review of the KPE ECU and TCU tunes for the 3.6L DI engine. I’ve installed both tunes on my 2014 CTS Performance Coupe AWD at about 6800 miles and these are my thoughts on the installation after a few days of driving.

I’ve mostly driven around town with some highway driving and after a period of me getting used to the tune, I can honestly say I like it. It seems to me that it took about 40 miles of driving to realize the full effect of the tune, but I might be hallucinating. The most noticeable improvement has been off-idle acceleration which is much better. The engine pulls well through 1st and 2nd gears with less of a power drop off at the top of each gear with nice firm shifts. The only other change I’ve made is the addition of a K&N filter in the stock air box and a change to 93 octane gasoline. Let me be clear, this modification will not turn your car into a fire-breathing, tire shredding monster, but it absolutely will make it feel much more powerful and responsive. My seat of the pants dyno convinced me that I’ve added real horsepower and torque. The car is just plain more fun to drive. The TCU tune makes some subtle changes in shift firmness, shift points and kick down all of which I like. I believe the rev limiter has also been modified upwards.
The installation is straight forward, but the documentation is a little difficult to follow. Andy at KPE was extremely helpful throughout and should be commended for his dedication to his customers. A word of advice - you will have to disable your firewall in order to upload and download the tuning files. Your original OEM tunes and the modified tunes are permanently stored on the KPE servers. You download a tuning file to the IPE flasher and then upload the tune to your car. It’s pretty easy to switch between the tunes for comparison if you want to.

I have not checked my miles per gallon since I installed the modified ECU & TCU tunes but since I have not driven like an adult over the last few days, I’m certain my MPG is lousy right now. Once I get calmed down, I’ll report if my mileage is improved or not.

The bottom line is, for me, the KPE modified ECU and TCU programs are well worth their cost. Kudos to KPE for their support of the 3.6 platform.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts