Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'05 BR V
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen:

I recently had a set of B+B headers installed on my '05 V. Although I did not request them, the B+B cats were also installed, to replace the stock cats. The exhaust is waaaaay too loud. (Stock mufflers.) As a member of the "hip replacement crowd", I feel no need to attract attention to myself, from strangers.) It appears that there is no crossover/H-pipe. Is there not supposed to be a left/right connection, through an X-pipe/resonator?

Regards,

Chip

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The stock exhaust has a central resonator AND mufflers towards the rear.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,989 Posts
My hips are only about six years behind you, and I went Kooks and Corsa ... MUCH more civilized ... except at WOT above 4.5k RPM. :eek:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Hmmm sounds like a bad deal all around. jk There should still be a big ass resonator. Sounds like they removed it. You should just sell those headers and cats to me... Should go nice with my X pipe and cutouts!. Please.......:worship: Not sure what could make it quiet-er. I would see what happened to your resonator.

·
Registered
Platinum 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
301 Posts
How much (and where) did you get the B&B headers? I have the B&B exhaust and i am considering getting the headers... consider sending me an email before you put them on ebay..lol...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts