Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SILVER CTS V
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
amp install nightmare. cut 8 harness wires put back together. "hazards and no sart"

2003 cadi cts.

i cut 8 wires by mistake when making the hole on the ruber to run the power wire.

unknowing that i cut wires i heard the car start beeping as if the key was in there. so i put the key in and STARTED that car. and moved it back and forward. then... the key didn't come out? so i double checked everything and spotted the cut wires:bigroll:

so i disconected the battery, and put the wires back togheter. connected the batt. and the hazards are now on key still stuck and the car still wont start. no stereo either. i dont have the DIC so i sont see any messages.

disconnecting the battery made it so that it wouldn't start anymore. why and why are my hazards on? does insurance cover this type of stuff?

:confused::mad::(

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
Re: amp install nightmare. cut 8 harness wires put back together. "hazards and no sar

insurance probably wont cover that cause you personally caused it from your negligence...

but my question to you is, why didnt you have the battery disconnected in the first place while doing the install?

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles
983 Posts
Re: amp install nightmare. cut 8 harness wires put back together. "hazards and no sar

well, I'm assuming you actually soldered (not twisted) the wires back together correctly. You may have initiated the antitheft system. If thats the case read the manual to see if there is a disarm proceeder. Do you know which harness was cut ?

Lastly to reset the system the battery needs to be disconnected for at least 30 mins.

·
Registered
2005 SILVER CTS V
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

good info guys. i didnt know about that anti theft... it explains the hazard lights for sure. i'm so worried

the bat was still connected because i was just going to run the wires then get to conecting everything in the ack side. power last. I"m depressed mixed with panic. but this really sounds like the right track. i dont have the manual tho?

edit: it the main engine harness i think... the one on the driver side... i soulda jsut drilled a hole for the power wire.

·
Registered
2005 SILVER CTS V
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

what explains the key being stuck radio not working hazards on and windows not working?

·
Registered
2005 SILVER CTS V
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

im sure it's the anti theft system now. how do i deactivate this? i reallyneed my car

please some one. thanks.

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI F3 Sport Suspension
200 Posts

I know if you blow the ECM fuse, which is in the front fuse box underneath the hood, it stops everything in your car from working and your key will be stuck in the ignition.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,786 Posts

The alarm can be turned off by the remote's unlock. Or using the key in the door and unlock it.

KOT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts