Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Premium Luxury Escalade
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is everyone's ambient lighting super faint? Maybe i'm just used to my wife's X7 where it's very bright and clear, and I can't remember my 21 escalade but i thought it was much brighter. On my 22 it's completely invisible during the day and at night it still seems really faint, especially the line across the dash. I have the brightness turned up to the max. Anyone else think it's really faint or is there just a problem with mine?

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
606 Posts
You know... Mine would definitely not be construed as dim.
However, I think I know why.
I always leave it on purple. I think purple may activate more of the RGB lights than, say, blue alone; red alone; or green alone, for example.
Give purple a shot. You'll see it's not dim. I'll take a pic.

Of course, I don't have my vehicle today. In the shop yet again!

By the way, the foreman told me that literally EVERY gas Escalade has come back for the lifter issue! LOL!

·
Registered
2021 Premium Luxury Escalade
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know... Mine would definitely not be construed as dim.
However, I think I know why.
I always leave it on purple. I think purple may activate more of the RGB lights than, say, blue alone; red alone; or green alone, for example.
Give purple a shot. You'll see it's not dim. I'll take a pic.

Of course, I don't have my vehicle today. In the shop yet again!

By the way, the foreman told me that literally EVERY gas Escalade has come back for the lifter issue! LOL!
Ok great i'd love to see a picture, i have mine set on blue, i'll see how purple looks tonight

·
Registered
19 ESV Premium &18 XT5 Premium
237 Posts
My bro-in-law has a '21 that the dealer had for two months with lifter failures at 3k. It literally sounded like there was a monkey in there hitting stuff with a hammer! He said he was "compensated" while it was waiting for parts. He didn't elaborate and I didn't ask to what extent.

·
Registered
2022 Escalade ESV Sport Platinum - Supercruise, Night Vision, Power Running Boards, Onyx
40 Posts
Even if the ambient brightness slider is at full, still seems dim. Also, when I move the brightness slider up and down it does nothing.
Sometimes I have to hit the back button for the brightness change to take effect.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts