Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2008 STS-V
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have any problem getting the right shocks from Amazon. I ordered Monroe 40044 shocks and got some cheap $10.00 looking shocks from China. Not even the expensive Monroe's I ordered. I'm gonna send them back but afraid to order anything else from them. They didn't even have a plug in for the electronics. Thanks,

SugsPa
 

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
Joined
·
180 Posts
SugsPa said:
Anyone else have any problem getting the right shocks from Amazon. I ordered Monroe 40044 shocks and got some cheap $10.00 looking shocks from China. Not even the expensive Monroe's I ordered. I'm gonna send them back but afraid to order anything else from them. They didn't even have a plug in for the electronics. Thanks, SugsPa
Who was the seller? Amazon or one of the third party vendors? Guess you went with the cheapest price? Make sure you report that vendor to Amazon
 

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
Joined
·
180 Posts
the cadillac man said:
I would report it also I have ordered multiple items through Amazon and never had a problem like this happen
I try and buy from Amazon as the seller whenever possible. Even if it's a bit higher cost. At least you know you're getting the part you want. The 3rd party vendors are like the Wild Wild West.
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
Huddy said:
I try and buy from Amazon as the seller whenever possible. Even if it's a bit higher cost. At least you know you're getting the part you want. The 3rd party vendors are like the Wild Wild West.
I agree
 

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2008 STS-V
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got the junk that was supposed to Monroe 40034. Not even close. I don't know how to report the seller to Amazon, but I'm gonna look it up. Now I have $900.00 tied up in useless junk. I hope I can get a refund, I am certainly sending them back!

SugsPa
 

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
Joined
·
180 Posts
SugsPa said:
Just got the junk that was supposed to Monroe 40034. Not even close. I don't know how to report the seller to Amazon, but I'm gonna look it up. Now I have $900.00 tied up in useless junk. I hope I can get a refund, I am certainly sending them back! SugsPa
You're fine. Amazon will take it back. That shouldn't be an issue. Just go on their website and follow the return policy. More of. An inconvenience that you had your time wasted.
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
It will be in your account
Just click on the item(eg the shocks you ordered) and it will have the option to return or exchange
That's the one you want to use

After you get through that they will email you a return address shipping label to send them back

Very simple
 

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Amazon has a customer-is-always-right type of return policy. So you are covered.

Rock Auto does not...

Purchased 2 Delphi O2 sensors. Web site showed listing as Delphi...receipt showed I purchased Delphi.

Box shows up.....Bosch sensors with a 'Delphi' sticker on the baggie.

The sensors had a 30 day warranty. Problem was discovered on the 35th day. Rock Auto said too bad...So there is a 30 warranty on a bait-and-switch...

We did contact Delphi.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV, White Diamond Pearl
Joined
·
342 Posts
I will be looking into their return policy too. The Delco fuel pump I bought through Amazon in November, quit yesterday.
Had to be towed home.
 

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2008 STS-V
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Amazon returned my money already. Quicker than I expected. Now I'm just leery about buying anything expensive from them again.

SugPa
 

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Lately the stuff from Amazon has been mediocre. I had to return a set of bulbs they were cheap China ones instead of the good ones that I was expecting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I do dozens of transactions on Amazon a month. 99% of the time everything is great. I get some awesome deals on there. eBay also. I think it's an isolated incident.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top