Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime last night I started getting this pain in the ball of my drivers side foot. Felt like I'd stepped on a railroad spike coated with wolverines teeth. Couldn't find anything wrong with it at work so I gimped around the rest of the night until it went away on its own. This morning, pushing in the clutch on the 'yota, it came back. Ignoring it until I got to the patio at the restaurant I was eating at, took off my sandal and found a moderatly large sized black hair growing out of the BOTTOM of my foot, right at the thick spot where the big tow connects to the rest of the foot.

Yanked out the black hair, amid torturous pain, cried for a second, and it went away. Don't know how I possibly had a black hair on the bottom of my foot or why it could possibly hurt like that, but the minute I pulled it out the pain went away. Weird.

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Hmmm.. Perhaps the more medically inclined among us will chime in with a more correct diagnosis, but it sounds like you might have picked up a spine or needle from some wild denizen of the Central Valley. How long was the offending foreign object? Was it stiff like a porky spine might be, or smooth and pliable like off off Angelina Jolie's pate? (Look it up.. lol)

Any redness or swelling? Signs of infection?

It could have just been a strand of something that happened to hit a larger nerve and cause more than the usual discomfort.

Toes are weird. When I was a kid about 11 or 12, I once stepped on a long straight pin that had been part of a cereal box puzzle swirling-top kind of thing, it went straight up through the very middle of my big toe, and I never felt a thing. Would never have noticed it but for the tiny spot of blood I saw, then I pulled it out and I swear I never felt it go in or out.

Hope you feel better, in any case. Keep an eye on it for infection or other reaction.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
soak your entire foot in cider
Oh no! Turpentine. Much better than even Windex!! :thumbsup:

My Grandfather used to swear by it. He's dead now. Not from the turpentine. He had dementia. I don't think the turpentine contributed to the dementia. I'm not sure now. I probably shouldn't have used so much turpentine on that last wound to my head. This is giving me a headache now. I have to go find some aspirin.
Never mind.

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
A hair... growing from your toe... I would almost say ingrown hair. I have heard/seen that before. But not on the bottom of a toe (not that it can't, they can pop up any where).

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen. Ok...nevermind :suspense:

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
And I thought it only caused hair to grow on the palms of your hands. :lildevil:
I heard only a few people can have hair grow on the bottom of their feet.
Spyder must have crazy flexibility..... You dirty little dog you.....RT, you want to see those pics? Ohh my....

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Oh no! Turpentine. Much better than even Windex!! :thumbsup:

My Grandfather used to swear by it. He's dead now. Not from the turpentine. He had dementia. I don't think the turpentine contributed to the dementia. I'm not sure now. I probably shouldn't have used so much turpentine on that last wound to my head. This is giving me a headache now. I have to go find some aspirin.
Never mind.
Ah,come on Kev:thepan: thats an old one.(insideher):rolleyes:

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha...no redness or pain anymore, still. No infection. At least not THAT part of my body! :)

It sure as hell looked and felt like a hair. Not quite as thick as a pube, but bigger than the ones on the TOP of my feet. And black.

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts