Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm a pretty normal person, I do have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) when it comes to my car. I not kidding. I can't park my CTS between 2 other cars, ever. I can't ever give my CTS to a valet to park. When my office sent an e-mail about the Christmas party, I worried for 2 months (it was downtown Chicago), where will I park my CTS? This problem is all consuming. I watch people get out of a car and just bang the door on the car next to them, and not give it a second thought. While I'm in a store for more than 5 minutes, I start to think, Is someone parking next to my car!
I really wish I could get over this, but I can't:thepan:
Am I the only one? What is the solution?

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
I always find a spot next to a curb. Wheels 2 inches away from the curb, plenty of room on the other side.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm an obsessive compulsive freak with my cars. Every time I go to the mall or a bar or somewhere, and I see a car pull in beside me I wait to see if their door hits my car, or if they rub into in with their purse or coat...

Then I just remind myself!! Its a Frikken Cadillac, or Benz (whatever I may be driving), ITS NO BENTLEY, so then I don't worry. If someones gonna bang it or something, dent removal is like $25/dent, chances are, they arent going to slam there door into your car anyway. If someone wants to steal it, nothing you can do. Its a $50,000 car, not a $500,000 car. :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
greyghost04 said:
While I'm a pretty normal person, I do have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) when it comes to my car. I not kidding. I can't park my CTS between 2 other cars, ever. I can't ever give my CTS to a valet to park. When my office sent an e-mail about the Christmas party, I worried for 2 months (it was downtown Chicago), where will I park my CTS? This problem is all consuming. I watch people get out of a car and just bang the door on the car next to them, and not give it a second thought. While I'm in a store for more than 5 minutes, I start to think, Is someone parking next to my car!
I really wish I could get over this, but I can't:thepan:
Am I the only one? What is the solution?
:tisk: Continue doing what you're doing. If you don't make the effort to take care of it, nobody else will. However, don't let it consume you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was very much like that when I first got my CTS. I can't avoid parking next to other cars because of very limited number of parking spots at work. Now I have a few dings and scratches, I just says "the heck with it". A little touch-up goes a long way.:yup:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Jon said:
I always find a spot next to a curb. Wheels 2 inches away from the curb, plenty of room on the other side.
:tisk: No guarantee they won't park close enough to damage your car. I say, park away from the masses.

·
Registered
362 Posts
-1- said:
:tisk: No guarantee they won't park close enough to damage your car. I say, park away from the masses.
Thats BS and it makes no difference. If the cars gonna get smacked up, then thats its destiny right!? Just remind yourselves, that its a pretty average car, not the nicest, not the worst. Get over it, a used car gets dinged up.

I decided that I really didn't give a shit anymore after I had my infiniti qx4. I never washed it, never vaccumed it, I smoked in it, 4x4 in it and spliied JD all over the roof and floor, banged it up a little, threw my fast food garbage over the seats into the hatch, etc, etc.

Now that was a truck I enjoyed!!! I never had to do anything but drive it. I'd take it for service and the dealer would clean it out for me, other than that, I just drove it, and didnt really give 2 shits if it got a ding or small scratch, or I spilled in it.

Its a car, a horrible investment, so if you spend your whole life worrying about it, then whats the point!?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
Mine is over 3 years old and I still feel the same way. So far I've lucked out and not a dent in it yet. I park away from other cars, make sure there is a curb infront so no one can hit it from the front, park up hill in lots. As time goes by I'm not as bad as I once was about it getting scratched/dented but I still want it to look nice. I don't give a sh** what other people think about how I park it, it works for me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
I DEFINITELY feel this way about my Trans Am Convertible.

I will NOT drive it in the rain. It goes in the garage from November to May.

I clay bar it every season.

I park it very far away in malls, and I always take two spaces.

With the CTS... I just park it in normal spots.

It's weird, because the CTS is a more expensive car!~

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's why I love driving my Jeep Cherokee. It's 8 years old, I bought it new. So I've obviously had the thing for a while. It's got 100k+ miles and it's kind of beat up...., but it runs good though. I don't care where I park it.

I'm a tad anal about my CTS, but I don't loose sleep over it.

I'm not one of those people that takes two places when parking my car. If that's you, get over it...it's not like you have a Ferarri or something. Besides, you may find a beat-up Cherokee parked so close to your drivers side door,, you'll need a can opener to get into your car!!! :)

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Ya know, I used to be obessed with my car.... For the First 2 weeks, really, my first new car, my first cadillac...but then I got a ding in a parking lot, then I ummm ran into a curb at 55mph (I was passing on the right as the right lane ended and merged lol, oppsie i'm an *******) And i mean, a rock hit my front end, and I realized. a car is a car, it's gonna happen, and there's no sense stressing about it. one of thoose things you just say "That's life"

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
you think you guys are OCD?! HAHA! I cant stand my passenger seat being forward in the car, the bottom needs to be back, if a freind sits there and moves the bottom forward I sit there and ask why they dont just move it back. The little knobs in the vents must always be centered, if someone dosnt want air on them, i ask them to close the vent instead of moving the little vent direction thing. If i use my spare tire, I wash it and put it back in so it looks exactly like it came from the factory. I dont keep anything unneccessary in my car. My glovebox contains my insurance, tint note, and registration and a tire pressure guage. My center console has sunglasses in a case and a pen. My trunk simply has a car duster and a vehicle break down kit. I will always wash once a week. The thing is, it isnt because of the CTS, I'm like this with any car I have. oh and you know how when you shift the car into differnt gears and how you can feel if the gear ''engages'' (it usually takes about a second) Im very anal about that. I see peopel just forward and reverse giving the car gas before its even in the gear and at a complete stop, if anyone drives my car, thats one thing im very anal about, i feel if you dont wait for it to get into the gear, it ruins the tranny. :thepan:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Caddy Man said:
you think you guys are OCD?! HAHA! I cant stand my passenger seat being forward in the car, the bottom needs to be back, if a freind sits there and....... tranny. :thepan:
Wow, I used to be just like that, really, like in high school. But then I got a little older, and realized that cars are just cars. Life happens, like owning a house, working, blah, blah, blah....thing is, if I could, I'd treat my cars just like you treat yours.....well, at least my CTS....

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
aeromass said:
Wow, I used to be just like that, really, like in high school. But then I got a little older, and realized that cars are just cars. Life happens, like owning a house, working, blah, blah, blah....thing is, if I could, I'd treat my cars just like you treat yours.....well, at least my CTS....
yea i know what your saying. Ive always been real anal about my stuff, I kinda like things in order and in thier place, you know? I mean it dosnt mean my apartment or car dosnt get messy, but once I take hours to detail every little thing on that car, I get very anal about who touches what, etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Cars are to drive. I think we all agree on that. What really irritates me is when you get rear-ended by someone who wasn't paying attention. Talk abt getting scratches!

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Damn.... I absolutely LOVE my cars, and will flip if shit happens to them. My V6 got dinged when I first got it. Cost $115 to have it removed, you can't see it or feel it. It's like it never happened. When someone hit it while it was parked on campus, I lost it. I planned to search the parking lot everyday for a red car with scratches on the bumper, and wait for the owner. Too bad almost every red car on campus had scratches on the bumper... Took 2 of my close friends to convince me not to smash up all the red cars in the parking lot.

I love my cars, I drive the piss outta them, drive'm hard, but if anything happens to them, I will raise hell.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Part of the reason we come to this forum is because we love our cars. I alway park near a curb, an end spot or next to the handicapped spots. I found parking out in the boondocks at the mall doesn't always work as the junkerds seek you out and park next to you even with a gazillion spaces around you. I think they do it on purpose and get a giggle out of it. I must be doing something right 'cause I've had the CTS over 2 years and not a single dink(knock on wood).

·
Registered
'04 Black CTS
52 Posts
Don't you love to hear the girlfried/wife bitch about how far you park? I do. I get it everytime, especially when the weather is bad.

·
Registered
03 CTS *sold*
66 Posts
I'm obsessed with my cars - ask anyone! My bird sleeps under a cover and my CTS parks WAAAAY out there in the lot. A 7 day detail isn't completely beyond me when I have a place to put the car for that long. I have cleaned the inside of my wheels and polished my muffler. If someone parks too close to me and I catch them, I gladly hold the door while they exit, so as not to ding my car.

I am, not quite one of those people who makes passengers take their shoes off, but I do wash my hands before driving. ;)

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Riggidy said:
Don't you love to hear the girlfried/wife bitch about how far you park? I do. I get it everytime, especially when the weather is bad.
The way around the bitching is to drop them off at the door and go park the Caddy. She thinks I'm being a gentleman!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts