Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a 2nd Gen V to replace my 1st gen.
My ideal combo is:
OBM | Black Int. w/Recaros | Manual | Sedan
I haven't found any OBM sedans for sale... and finding a Manual Sedan seems rare as well. I think silver is the only other color I'd consider but I don't like settling.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
That is a very recent color. Most people who bought those are still paying for the car, or aren't ready to sell so soon.
Sorry but imo, you should plan on waiting a year or two before seeing those pop up for sale :(

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Not quite a unicorn.

Manual V2's in general are scarce. Add in the paint and Recaro's and it gets more scarce.

If you wanted even more scarce, add sunroof delete option :)

Keep looking and expand your search, one will come up, just need some patience.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Most of the manuals I've seen had the base seats. Weird.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not quite a unicorn.

Manual V2's in general are scarce. Add in the paint and Recaro's and it gets more scarce.

If you wanted even more scarce, add sunroof delete option :)

Keep looking and expand your search, one will come up, just need some patience.
Fortunately I'd like the ultraview roof

·
Registered
2010 CTSV Sedan
38 Posts
Took me a long time to find mine with low mileage and no modifications. Thought i was going to have to settle with an auto. It was definitely worth waiting for.

·
Registered
None
62 Posts
I've been searching for a 2011-13 manual sedan with Recaros in the black diamond color for the better part of 8 months and have only come across a handful that all got scooped up immediately. Ur chance of finding a OBM color one are so slim. I'm hoping when the V3 comes out maybe some guys will be trading up and more manual V cars become available. I may end up having to go with Black Raven if I don't find one in the next few months, getting tired of waiting.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
The V3 doesn't offer a manual, so don't expect a bunch of manual V2s to hit the market on V3 trade-ups. Sure, some people will upgrade anyway, but some people will hang onto their manual V2s longer because there's no new manual available.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels
456 Posts
Maybe some manual V2 owners will make the move to ATS-V?

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
I'm sure a few will, but I doubt any significant short-term migration -- the sedan's back seat is even tighter, and the coupe lacks the outre styling, and I suspect its track performance won't be as compelling for most V2 owners as the LSA's feel (and sound) on the street.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Maybe some manual V2 owners will make the move to ATS-V?
Not without a V8 in said ATS-V. Further, ditto the comment about the back seat. I have a kid and a MIL with arthritis to transport, so midget seats won't do.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
A few months ago, I bought a 2013 sedan, CPO warranty, 6 speed manual, recaros, fully loaded except for painted calipers. I started off looking at black coupes, but liked the sedan better. When I switched to looking for sedans I didn't give any preference to ext. color. I ended up with a red one and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
My mistake, I was going to post one that carmax had, but it was a coupe. They didn't have pictures of it and I was looking for a silver 6 speed. You have to be careful because I've seen some autos advertised as a 6 speed. The first thing I do is look for the clutch pedal and the pull out section of the recaros or the heat and cool symbols on the dash if they don't have a good picture of the seats. Also check to see if they have the suede wheel package and the wood package.

·
Registered
2011 Diamond Pearl Tricoat A6 Sedan
396 Posts
Mrd916 said:
I've been searching for a 2011-13 manual sedan with Recaros in the black diamond color for the better part of 8 months and have only come across a handful that all got scooped up immediately. Ur chance of finding a OBM color one are so slim. I'm hoping when the V3 comes out maybe some guys will be trading up and more manual V cars become available. I may end up having to go with Black Raven if I don't find one in the next few months, getting tired of waiting.
have you tried Edmonds.com?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
neuronbob said:
Not without a V8 in said ATS-V. Further, ditto the comment about the back seat. I have a kid and a MIL with arthritis to transport, so midget seats won't do.
ATS-V+ brother. That may be a bad bitch with a manual.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
When I wanted to sell my manual sedan, I couldn't find a real buyer with money. I finally let it go for wholesale.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts