Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear legroom in my 92 deville is incredible. I sit pretty far back, and even big guys have so much room to stretch out back there! it looks like a limo. Ive been in towncars , crown vics, broughmas, etc (and those are larger cars), but there didnt seem to be as much rear legroom in those. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
I think our '89 Brougham as more rear leg room....

....then again, I have a Coupe, which is 3" shorter then the Sedan.... those 3" are cut off in legroom for people in the back.....

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I agree..... It is insane.... They have more room than my Q, and its probably 8in longer!! Not to mention it has a bigger trunk TOO!!!!

I think the 95 fleetwoods have more room though, but I we cant compare boats to cars.....

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
elwesso said:
I agree..... It is insane.... They have more room than my Q, and its probably 8in longer!! Not to mention it has a bigger trunk TOO!!!!

I think the 95 fleetwoods have more room though, but I we cant compare boats to cars.....
Even my dad told me there is more rear leg room in my 1991 than his new DTS! I would wager that just because it is a Broughm, it does not mean the "boat" would have more leg room in back, remember......my Grand Marquis is prob. as big as your Grandpa's Broughm.

·
Registered
84 Posts
yeah it does truely have a load of leg room but with all that extra space in the back seat and in the trunk you have to remember what under the hood looks like... everything is tight together under the hood which makes it a pain in the rear to work on..... one mans comfort is another mans nightmare

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Broughams have more legroom then the FWDs do. They aren't as much bigger on the inside then they are outside because pretty much everything about them is built bigger but there is more room.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
which broughams are we talking about here? I could swear my back seat has more leg room than a pre 93 brougham. Its even noticeable just by looking!

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
OK, I've got some bad news for you Broughm! I am looking at my 1991 Cadillac full-line brochure and here are the numbers:(rear seat leg room)

1991 Fleetwood/Deville FWD=43.3 inches

1991 Broughm=41.2

Despite the fact that the Broughms wheelbase was 121.5 inches that year compared to the FWD which was 113.8. That's what I meant by my huge Grand Marquis, it totally dwarfs the "little" Fleetwood in my dad's garage, but the smaller one wins in other ways. ;)

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I've got that 1991 brochure beside me here (if it's the one that has about 80 pages in it) but to me those numbers don't mean a whole lot. I've dealt with 2 of those front wheel drive Cadillacs and the Brougham. When you're sitting in them you can tell which one has more space.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
brougham said:
I've got that 1991 brochure beside me here (if it's the one that has about 80 pages in it) but to me those numbers don't mean a whole lot. I've dealt with 2 of those front wheel drive Cadillacs and the Brougham. When you're sitting in them you can tell which one has more space.
They are very close, in fact, too close to probably notice a difference. I think it all comes to how it's designed. I test drove a Dodge SX 2.0 with the so called "cab foreward" design, and I could not believe the room in that thing, especially for the small exterior it has! Tons of leg room, and rear-seat room.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
Ralph