Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to buy an ATS. It'll be a Performance 2.0, manual trans with Nav. I was going with the platinum/Sapele wood interior until I noticed the platinum seats in several on the lot showed a lot of dirt. Since we slightly preferred black seats and were leaning to platinum just for the Sapele wood, we'll order black and forgo that wood. One dealer said they can swap the trim between cars in inventory for "free", so we MAY be able to get both. I know you can buy any of the trims from parts but we don't like the Sapele $800 (retail for any of the trims) better.

I'm probably going to wimp out and go with Silver Coast despite liking Raven Black better. I know from experience how to keep from getting swirls but at my age don't know how long I'll want to wash the thing at least once a week (like previous black vehicles), or to be more specific: want to wash the bottom foot of the car every week. If I had room to leave a 18" platform and ramps set up all the time, I'd buy the black for sure.

I'd like to punch whoever invented compromise in the mouth! LoL I want my black AND no sore back.

How about some comfort words from Silver Coast owners. I do really like that color more than any of the others except jet (Raven) black.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
Silver coast was my second choice, only because it pissed me off to pony up almost a $1000 extra for my beloved White Diamond. Glad I decided to go for the White, but could have been very happy with the Silver Coast....a very pretty color in my opinion....

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up going back to the platinum seats because we wanted the Brownstone interior. I may get them to swap the Sapele wood trim for the Okapi that comes with the Brownstone. But then again, with the Brownstone/Platinum, the Sapele wood may be too red.

I also added 18" wheels.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
994 Posts
The Okapi stripe wood that comes with the Brownstone is perfectly matched in color to the Brown, plus it's pretty striking. The Sapele would probably be too red, IMO, with that interior. What color exterior are you getting? I was surprised when shopping for my car how much the exterior color affected the interior appearance. I think it's due to the prominence of the side mirrors, as well as visibility of the hood while seated.

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Okapi stripe wood that comes with the Brownstone is perfectly matched in color to the Brown, plus it's pretty striking. The Sapele would probably be too red, IMO, with that interior. What color exterior are you getting? I was surprised when shopping for my car how much the exterior color affected the interior appearance. I think it's due to the prominence of the side mirrors, as well as visibility of the hood while seated.
I think you're right about the Sapele being too red for the Brownstone interior.

We're getting Silver Coast paint (a champagne color).

Build your own pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
825 Posts
That looks like the interior color I had in my Crystal Red '09 CTS premium manual trans. Loved that interior!

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed that every actual ATS and every ATS picture I've seen has a fairly dark window tint. Do they really come from the factory with the tint shown in the above build-it-yourself picture (for example)?

·
Registered
2013 ATS Turbo Premium Black Raven
36 Posts
I'd like to punch whoever invented compromise in the mouth! LoL I want my black AND no sore back.

How about some comfort words from Silver Coast owners. I do really like that color more than any of the others except jet (Raven) black.
Black on black ATS owner here...Haha after trading in my 11 year old Acura I'm just happy to have something I'm proud to take to the car wash again! Though, never being an owner of a black vehicle before, I do admit it's going to require lots of washing love to stay pretty.

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the 3 I test drove didn't have tint, so I'll say no
Good news. I hate significant tint on front door windows. I can't see anything thru them at night unless there is some light source. I guess around here the dealers immediately tint everything in inventory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts