Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a alternator from a 97 STS w/Heated Windshield fit in a 94 STS with out a Heated Windshield if I remove the 3 wires work. I got one from the junk yard for $10 cant return it for that price or do I have to go back and get another one when I looked the years interchange didn't know about the Heated Windshield
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Will a alternator from a 97 STS w/Heated Windshield fit in a 94 STS with out a Heated Windshield if I remove the 3 wires work. I got one from the junk yard for $10 cant return it for that price or do I have to go back and get another one when I looked the years interchange didn't know about the Heated Windshield
Thanks in advance

As far as I know the 3 wires do not kick in until the de-icer button is turned on, I'm not an expert but I dont see why it would hurt anything, the amperage is the same on both alternators.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
There is NO heated windshield after 95. That '97 is either a '95 maximum or the alternator is not for heated windshield.
Did you meant the other way by any chance?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is NO heated windshield after 95. That '97 is either a '95 maximum or the alternator is not for heated windshield.
Did you meant the other way by any chance?
Mybe I got the year wrong that I got it off of wrong just wanted to know if anyone used one with luck.I just put a new battery in my car 3 days ago becouse my car would came up no charge if it does it again I will put in a alternator .
Can't aford a new one right now till I go back to work only worked 2 months in the last year

1 - 4 of 4 Posts