Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 AWD
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
These parts were available on CARiD for something like $133. They are black metal mesh with a chrome border over the plastic [brake] duct covers. For $133 I think they were a good value, it is too bad not all the ATS at the very least have halogen fog lights there, you think they would, but this is way better then having nothing and it looks like a stock part at the chrome matches that of the rest of the front of the car. I think it's a cool alternative to custom installing LED fog lamps yourself and having to mess with the wiring and stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,547 Posts
Im trying to get some real fog lights in the ducts now. The problem for me is the angle of that area. It's hard to get some halo fogs in there and point the way they should. Not to mention still getting them to be flush. My route is going to have to be fiberglass. I have to make a housing that bump out on the edges slightly to have them aim right. Need a second pair of stock ducts. Does anyone know where I can get some for the cheapest price. Those will go on the car when turned in if I do.

Pretty much done with the L shaped LED'S. If I can't get some halo's done the way I want I'll go with some straight LED's that look somewhat like the stock.

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
those look like the E&G black ice. At one point they made those that came with an L shaped LED light, but they are discontinued. I am trying to find them but no such luck!

·
Registered
ATS
415 Posts
Im trying to get some real fog lights in the ducts now. The problem for me is the angle of that area. It's hard to get some halo fogs in there and point the way they should. Not to mention still getting them to be flush. My route is going to have to be fiberglass. I have to make a housing that bump out on the edges slightly to have them aim right. Need a second pair of stock ducts. Does anyone know where I can get some for the cheapest price. Those will go on the car when turned in if I do.

Pretty much done with the L shaped LED'S. If I can't get some halo's done the way I want I'll go with some straight LED's that look somewhat like the stock.
Duneless, I am going to install projector fogs in my brake ducts and have everything ready to go (except no time to do it). Not using halos as I have finished the trim on the projectors with BDT to match my car paint color. If you make some kind of fiberglass replacement, PLEASE let me know as I may be interested in that versus a holesaw to my duct covers.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Try gmpartsdirect.com. They seem to be the least expensive.
Thanks

Duneless, I am going to install projector fogs in my brake ducts and have everything ready to go (except no time to do it). Not using halos as I have finished the trim on the projectors with BDT to match my car paint color. If you make some kind of fiberglass replacement, PLEASE let me know as I may be interested in that versus a holesaw to my duct covers.
I would still have to cut some kind of hole in the duct. Just not that big as the back of the projector. Iv'e made some before out of pvc where the light sits right in and fiberglassed the rest in. They were ok but know a little more now. I cut the pvc angled to point them right and molded to the car for no seems. I know you were looking to do fogs before and have been waiting to see what you have done. Like you I don't have much time but I find some here and there. If I had a spare pair of ducts I would make some right away.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
i remember i made bezels for aftermarket phillips LEDs in there but there wasnt a big interest in them. if theres a huge interest for it, i suppose i can design some fog light housings that fit into a hole that youd have to cut in that area, and they would angle correctly. but alot of ppl would need to want that for me to design it and have it 3d printed.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
I'd like a full front picture to gain perspective on it. The chrome band looks kinda thick, but overall I think this might be decent looking. Easier to judge using a picture standing further back from the car.

You guys that are highjacking this thread to talk about functional fog lights...I'm not impressed. I can see fine without more light. Channel your inner Q and put some 50 cal machine guns in there so I can clear traffic out of my way and go fast. :D

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I'd like a full front picture to gain perspective on it. The chrome band looks kinda thick, but overall I think this might be decent looking. Easier to judge using a picture standing further back from the car.

You guys that are highjacking this thread to talk about functional fog lights...I'm not impressed. I can see fine without more light. Channel your inner Q and put some 50 cal machine guns in there so I can clear traffic out of my way and go fast. :D
Hey I like more light I'm getting older now. You might want me to have some fogs on to see better. Then you don't have to worry about me coming at you with a moving vehicle. It could get dangerous. Just sayin safer for you:suspect:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts