Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V Coupe' 6MT
340 Posts
That picture isn't of an ATS, it's an XTS. The button for the cooled seats on the CUE center stack only further proves that (not an option on an ATS).
Unfortunately no, the ATS (current M.Y. anyhow) doesn't have this as an option.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L
264 Posts
Yeah this isn't available on the ATS. I did drive a loaner XTS with that cluster the other day and it was pretty cool. I actually didn't love it as much as I thought I was going to... which made me feel a lot better about it not being in my ATS.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB
158 Posts
Although the present instrument cluster could be better (this applies to most cars), I like our present ATS gauge cluster. I think what I like most about it is the large center multi-information display. I also have HUD, so I mainly use it versus the analog gauges in the instrument cluster, other than the information display that I do use. Bottom line; what we have is fine, it could be better, but I don't care.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,636 Posts
View attachment 105188

http://topcarslist.com/2013-cadillac-ats-review/2013_cadillac_ats_cockpit/

Is this instrument cluster an available option on an ATS??? I have never seen this anywhere else. The one thing I dont like is the gauge cluster on the ATS.
But this one is so much better in my opinion.

Can someone confirm seeing this anywhere?
nguyennhatquang is working on adapting that cluster to the ATS: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-general-discussion-forum/253053-any-way-retrofit-xts-lcd-cluster.html#post2876630

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
Absolutely agree with others that I like the ATS instrument cluster much better than the XTS so-called multi display cluster. The Led based system is much dimmer than the ATS display, and most XTS owners will tell you that it is fun for a couple of weeks to change things around on the display; but after that they usually don't touch it again. As a matter of fact, my wife and I agreed if we had bought the XTS instead of the ATS, we would have gotten the model without that display for aesthetic and practical purposes.

·
Registered
914 Posts
You can hardly see the ATS cluster when the sun shines on it, frustrating. The tach is also is nearly useless position, but hey, no car is perfect.

·
Registered
None
14 Posts
I agree Fraggy. I didn't notice how the sun affected the cluster on my test drives or it may have been a deal breaker for me. Also, does your cluster attract a lot of dust? It seems like I'm always cleaning it.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
994 Posts
BTW, that's a picture of an SRX dash. I wasn't aware that this display was available on the SRX, so perhaps it was photoshopped from an XTS.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Blk99vett said:
I agree Fraggy. I didn't notice how the sun affected the cluster on my test drives or it may have been a deal breaker for me. Also, does your cluster attract a lot of dust? It seems like I'm always cleaning it.
Absolutely. It attracts TONS of dust.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L
264 Posts
BTW, that's a picture of an SRX dash. I wasn't aware that this display was available on the SRX, so perhaps it was photoshopped from an XTS.
Yeah I was going to say the same thing. It's not available on the 213 SRX but this isn't an XTS setup. It's interesting that the model they display at all the auto shows is actually not representative of anything you can get right now. Weird, huh?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Every GM vehicle I have owned (3 going on 4) has always attracted allot of dust.....I think its the type of plastic used.... Always been a pain.....Just something you have to learn to live with...I bought a small brush sold by ArmourAll that is specifically for cleaning this. I keep it handy and close as I hate dirt inside or on the body of my car.

·
Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
825 Posts
I have the dust problem also. Isn't there some anti-static spray that could be used to help repel the dust?

·
Registered
ATS RWD 2.0 Manual
1,353 Posts
I mess around with the XTS clusters at work all the time, swapping between modes and such. I love it and I dont know why they didn't put that in the ATS.. a far sportier car should have had the ability to swap configurations

but I dont hate our clusters, I like the white/blue lighting and white needles. I just find the tach a little weird to look at with the manual lol, I think it would have been better to have two circles, tach/speedo side by side then fill in the edges with Gas/Volts/Temp and BOOST

I really want a damned boost gauge! :banghead:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Stevo Supremo said:
I mess around with the XTS clusters at work all the time, swapping between modes and such. I love it and I dont know why they didn't put that in the ATS.. a far sportier car should have had the ability to swap configurations

but I dont hate our clusters, I like the white/blue lighting and white needles. I just find the tach a little weird to look at with the manual lol, I think it would have been better to have two circles, tach/speedo side by side then fill in the edges with Gas/Volts/Temp and BOOST

I agree!

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V Coupe' 6MT
340 Posts

There was one in pre production cars as a page in the DIC, however it apparently got yanked prior to us receiving our cars.
I'd almost think that's why we have one labeled "blank page".

Anyhow I noticed this while watching the tv show Motor Week, the ATS they had clearly had a boost gauge in the DIC.
I'd LOVE to know why they decided to remove that!

·
Registered
ATS RWD 2.0 Manual
1,353 Posts
yeah I heard that to^ and I wondered why it had "blank page" for a while.. then I figured its if you just didn't want anything there

I'd love a boost gauge, but I cant see fitting and aftermarket one into the cabin.. theres no where that I can see it going where it flows with the interior. I don't want Pillar gauges either, I'm not into that stuff anymore, I want this to look classy and nice, no ricey crap :rolleyes:

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T AWD Premium
88 Posts
There was one in pre production cars as a page in the DIC, however it apparently got yanked prior to us receiving our cars.
I'd almost think that's why we have one labeled "blank page".

Anyhow I noticed this while watching the tv show Motor Week, the ATS they had clearly had a boost gauge in the DIC.
I'd LOVE to know why they decided to remove that!
On my Solstice Coupe I can select boost in the DIC. Seems an easy addition to the ATS DIC.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts