Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rant2: Lets see I just got my 2007 CTS in April I only have 2000m on it and already the 3rd brake light went out. The one on the trunk. Ok so I call my dealer up and took it in on Monday. So im thinking ok how long should it be to fix ill get it back the same day. Well I go back to see if its ready and im told they had to order the part. Ok ill get it on Tuesday. I call them up to make sure its ready and once again im told the part hasn't come in yet and it should be in and ready for Wednesday. Ok so its now Wednesday and I just get a call from the dealer and what does he tell me, the part that I need is on back order and they don't know how long it will be. One or 2 or even 3 days before it comes in. So im like well ill pick up my car for now and when it comes in you call me. NO he tells me they cant let me take the car because of the light being out its a safety concern. WHAT!!! So here I am stuck with out my car. At lest they gave me a loaner for now. I hope this isn't something that happens all the time with Cadillac. :banghead:

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Bummer! Sometimes these things can be so annoying. The good news is that the problem is not a serious issue and you have a loaner car. :highfive:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
what kind of bulb is used in our third brake light? i'm guessing something special?

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
Is it me, or does there seem to be a big problem with some of these bulbs. I myself, have had issues with my passenger side brake light. Had to change it three times in a couple of months.

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of bulb is used in our third brake light? i'm guessing something special?

there an LID bulbs and GM has a back order for them. so they dont know how long it will take. This all happen because the seal around the light wasnt all that and water got in. :rant2:

Oh yeah the loaner they gave me was a Pontiac Vibe! what the hell i wanted a CADDY :brutal:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
:lol: :rofl:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
weve been given CTSes, an Impala, a monte carlo, and a G5
the dealership normally gives out CTSes as courtesy cars, but if they are all out or something, they resort to Enterprise.

·
Registered
'04 Base Deville, Light Platinum - blew HG & SOLD
164 Posts
Heard of someone on another forum had the same failure on an 05 DTS. Also, the part had to be ordered. Fortunately for him (i guess), he didn't bring his car in until after the part arrived.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Never had any of my lights go out...

As for loaners... I've never gotten a Caddy as a loaner. Last one I got was a crappy Malibu. :(

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Never had any of the bulbs go out on our '04 CTS. Whenever a loaner was needed (twice, and each time only for a day), it has always been a new CTS. The level of service you get really depends on the quality of your dealership.

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well heres my update on my car. After driving all the way back to the Dealer at lunch time yesterday to return the Impala just to pick up the Vibe. I drive all the way back to work just to have them call me an hour later to tell me my part came in and the car is ready for pick up. :wtf:
So now i have my baby back home with me. :rolleyes:
Oh and why i had to drive both loaner cars was all there "good" cars were out already :thepan: I hope when they replaced my new break light they also sealed it up better then it was so this doesnt happen again :tisk:

oh yeah my new front plate came in also

1 - 14 of 14 Posts