Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
866 Posts
Glad you found it. But a couple pieces could use clarifying.

"Almost got me" because it could have scratched your fingers when you had to remove the wheel for some reason?
"Almost got me" because you feared it might embed and puncture the tire instead of simply being flung off at speed (and at worst only a dent in the fenderwell)?

"good thing it was on the drivers side" because you happened to notice walking by and seeing it before potentially causing any further issue(s)?

"good thing it was on the drivers side" because if it had embedded and punctured the tire instead of being flung off at speed (while concurrently causing a blowout instead of merely slowly deflating the tire), that such a blowout at speed is easier to safely control if on the driver's side?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you found it. But a couple pieces could use clarifying.

"Almost got me" because it could have scratched your fingers when you had to remove the wheel for some reason?
"Almost got me" because you feared it might embed and puncture the tire instead of simply being flung off at speed (and at worst only a dent in the fenderwell)?

"good thing it was on the drivers side" because you happened to notice walking by and seeing it before potentially causing any further issue(s)?

"good thing it was on the drivers side" because if it had embedded and punctured the tire instead of being flung off at speed (while concurrently causing a blowout instead of merely slowly deflating the tire), that such a blowout at speed is easier to safely control if on the driver's side?
you sure like to type. 😂 mostly in reference to the wallet.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,779 Posts
If that bolt had actually punctured the tread at that location it could have been repaired with a simple plug job. $5 or so.

Sidewall damage is not repairable.

·
Registered
96 FWB
866 Posts
I'm in for brevity of expression as much as the next guy. But, I optimize every and all opportunities to practice my capitalization, punctuation and complete sentence structure if even remotely possible to more effectively convey what I'm attempting to communicate to others.

As it stands, I put money on about 0% that anyone else would have automatically arrived at any negative monetary component associated with what was posted as there's a 100% probability that the bolt would be summarily ejected before completing even the very first turn.

Well, more than enough coffee and plenty of typing practice for the morning. And now I can get on with my day. Cheers

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,779 Posts
As Dexter Manley (Washington Redskins) once opined "You can shit the fans but you can't shit the players!".

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If that bolt had actually punctured the tread at that location it could have been repaired with a simple plug job. $5 or so.

Sidewall damage is not repairable.
as they say, time is also money. $20-30 here in canada, it used to be simple here until they made it mandatory to patch it from the inside.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,825 Posts
I'm in for brevity of expression as much as the next guy. But, I optimize every and all opportunities to practice my capitalization, punctuation and complete sentence structure if even remotely possible to more effectively convey what I'm attempting to communicate to others.

As it stands, I put money on about 0% that anyone else would have automatically arrived at any negative monetary component associated with what was posted as there's a 100% probability that the bolt would be summarily ejected before completing even the very first turn.

Well, more than enough coffee and plenty of typing practice for the morning. And now I can get on with my day. Cheers
======================

·
Registered
96 FWB
866 Posts
Hahahaha Perfect for a smile after a long run and cool-down. Now, off to a shower and then that Manhattan, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts