Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS V
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past 5 days, I installed new UUC motor mounts, CNC ported TB, Livernois Stage 2 CNC Ported Heads, Comp Cam: 238/240 .605/.609 @ 112 (alittle big) and the stuff that goes with it. 4 out of the 5 days was trying to replace the damn front diff bushing. Well, I gave up and I am going to have my buddy with a hoist do it. I think my diff bushing is corroded on to the diff and may need heat to remove it (I do have the bushing puller, thanks for making it). Any suggestions on removing a stubborn diff bushing is greatly appreciated. :want:

Oh, by the way, I also just got my car back from the tuners, and I pulled a 430RWHP on a mustang dyno, I forgot the torque, but the numbers look pretty good. I will try to post a video of the cam idle/Revs. The Head/Cam gave me an extra 50 RWHP's.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
The past 5 days, I installed new UUC motor mounts, CNC ported TB, Livernois Stage 2 CNC Ported Heads, Comp Cam: 238/240 .605/.609 @ 112 (alittle big) and the stuff that goes with it. 4 out of the 5 days was trying to replace the damn front diff bushing. Well, I gave up and I am going to have my buddy with a hoist do it. I think my diff bushing is corroded on to the diff and may need heat to remove it (I do have the bushing puller, thanks for making it). Any suggestions on removing a stubborn diff bushing is greatly appreciated. :want:

Oh, by the way, I also just got my car back from the tuners, and I pulled a 430RWHP on a mustang dyno, I forgot the torque, but the numbers look pretty good. I will try to post a video of the cam idle/Revs. The Head/Cam gave me an extra 50 RWHP's.
nice numbers!!

I tapped the diff case (shot peen hammer) while I was tightening....try a air hammer with a blump tip against the metal portion of the bushing...it should vibrated enough to loosen any corrosion....is the bushing comming out even

·
Registered
2011 CTS V
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did used an air hammer to try push the bushing flange in, and it did not budge. I also notice on the bushing tool, the bolt diameter is too small compared to the original diff bolt which can cause the bushing flange catch on the bushing tool because it is not concentric. Who's tool is it? Can I make the bushing tool bolt be the same size as the diff bolt? This way, the diff bushing flanges will always clear the tool. Since it wasn't my tool, I did not modify it. I just made a copper sleeve that fits inside the bushing and the bolt to take up any slop.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
I did used an air hammer to try push the bushing flange in, and it did not budge. I also notice on the bushing tool, the bolt diameter is too small compared to the original diff bolt which can cause the bushing flange catch on the bushing tool because it is not concentric. Who's tool is it? Can I make the bushing tool bolt be the same size as the diff bolt? This way, the diff bushing flanges will always clear the tool. Since it wasn't my tool, I did not modify it. I just made a copper sleeve that fits inside the bushing and the bolt to take up any slop.
there are only two style tools out there...and the one CTSV154 made is a perfect fit...it got modded but the 'washer' piece and nut are painted black

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,006 Posts
Wow! 430 rwhp! Those are some great breathing heads with a serious cam!

Keep us updated on your diff bushing.

·
14,006 Posts
Okay, if Dennis won't update this, I will.

He dropped off the rogue diff bushing removal tool this afternoon. "Thanks, btw." His new, UUC diff bushing in installed and seemingly working fine.

I would like to comment on the rather boisterous tone his V has at this point. I mean, that sucker is loud! :yup: Next-door neighbors commented by saying something about a "race car." Truly the loudest V I've ever heard. Besides his new heads and cam, I think he's running Kooks, no cats, and a Corsa with an X-pipe. Holy crap! Dennis, can you comment?

·
Registered
2011 CTS V
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, its a little loud. Ok, maybe alot loud. That was only a 3k rev. And yes, I am running Kooks, w/o cats, and a Corsa with an X-pipe. I'm glad to have the bushing done. I ended up dropping the KARS and the Exhaust to give me more room to get at the bushing.

·
Registered
2011 Black Diamond CTS-V
739 Posts
can we get a vid??? how do you like the stage 2 CNC heads from livernois? i saw a set on ebay and inquired... was just hesitant since they were on ebay...

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
I'd love to hear/see a video Den. With the size of that cam I bet your car sounds amazing and is offensively loud. Perfect!

·
Registered
2011 CTS V
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
244 Posts
WoW, your car sounds ridiculous. Im sure the sound is part of the reason it makes really good power though. Looks like a strong NA setup. About how much did it all set you back if you dont mind me asking? Id really like to see that dyno chart for your tq down low too, please post it if you can.

·
Registered
2011 Black Diamond CTS-V
739 Posts
niiiiiiice, no rattle on the decel either! how'd you manage that!?

·
14,006 Posts

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
That thing sounds badaaaasssss!!!! :2thumbs: I'd be interested in seeing the dyno sheet as well!

What was the method that worked for you to get the old diff bushing sleeve out? Mine was a major PITA as well. I tried everything.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
WoW, your car sounds ridiculous. Im sure the sound is part of the reason it makes really good power though. Looks like a strong NA setup. About how much did it all set you back if you dont mind me asking? Id really like to see that dyno chart for your tq down low too, please post it if you can.
+1 -- This is the direction I am most likely going to go with mine in the next couple of years and it would be nice to get a ballpark figure for what this setup costs for parts and labor. BTW, very sweet car, perfect sound. :highfive:

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
Did you have Livernois Motorsports do any of your modifications (i.e. Cam) Those guys do some amazing stuff over there.

Car is awesome by the way! Hopefully we can put together MI group meet soon.

·
Registered
2011 CTS V
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did the mods with some help. Here the dyno video from Livernois

1 - 20 of 23 Posts