Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Iraq is getting help from Syria and Iran.. Interesting.. What will happen if Russia starts helping? Then China? And then what happens if North Korea makes its move? We know that Russia has been selling high-tech military equipment to Iraq. As of today, WE (the American public) know that Syria and Iran are selling high-tech military equipment to Iraq.. There are rumors that China has been doing the same.. What the hell is going on?!?! This war is going to turn out very difficult as our armed forces become weaker and weaker -

And make note that while during war, armed forces do not become stronger and stronger - they deplete.

- So what's going to happen? Are more countries going to start helping Iraq as we become weaker? How long are we going to allow ourselves to become weaker and weaker when we have so many enemies?

This is not looking good and I'm getting F'in aggrivated. This looks a lot like World War II for me. Just we're on the wrong side of the F'in rainbow...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Kill 'em all! Let god sort 'em out....Sal, I think you've been watching too much CNN! The mainstream news networks are on a mission to make us think we're LOSING this war! We're not! They are against it! Look deeper than the 6:00 news for your information. WE'RE NOT ON THE WRONG SIDE OF ANYTHING!!!
There are over 40 countries in this with us! Try to relax a little bit!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well. Not necessarily the wrong side - but possibly the smaller side.. It just seems to me that all the big players are against us.. What aggrivates the hell out of me is where there for everyone when they need us - but everyone is against us the first chance they get...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
But if you think about it...... We have 40 some countries that are helping us with equipment, troops, or a combination thereof. If Iraq is getting weapons from russia, china, etc, we are still winning, because they just have the weapons. If iraq were to try and nuke us, it would be detected, and most likely they would shoot it down.

These other countries that dont want to be with us (like Fr**ce) is because they are too lazy and or poor to deal with it. The countries that are supporting us are on the right side. And remember in the beginning what Bush said "either you are for us, or for the terrorists"

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
hey sal dont sweat it...most of these countries are on our side, they just have to say what they say for domestic consumption...syria is letting us fly over their country, China is the least of our worries as their entire economy depends on the junk they manufacture to sell here, and they will keep NK on a tight leash. as for russia, they probably wanted to test some of their equipment against us in a real time combat scenario(GPS Jammers,etc.) well they got their answer. you really think these countries give a rats ass about Iraq? Watch russia obliterate Chechnaya on the grounds that we did it to Iraq.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
We're not on the smaller side Sal! But you wouldn't know it to watch the network news! With Tom ( Needs a speech therapist) Brokaw or Peter (Why is that idiot in T.V.?) Jennings.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
sal if your still nervous go buy this weeks newsweek, great article on US military power, turns out with the new addition to the defense budget we will be spending more on defense than the rest of the world COMBINED. this of course scares some people, as it should

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Dosen't scare me! I think it's great! I'd rather have them be nervous and afraid of us than love us! I like the old saying speak softly and carry a big stick! We as a nation tend to speak softly as compared to our size and power. An idiot like the former leader of Iraq Mr. Hussein Makes a lot of noise and trouble for those all around him until he finally pisses off the biggest baddest guy on the block. ( That would be us ) And then he gets to go away! As he is finding out or has found out by now. If the other countries in the region feel like fooling with us when it's over (and I don't think they will ) We can without much trouble straighten them out too! And we probably should! Is it gonna be a cake walk? No! Does that mean we should just give up and leave? Hell No! It's a war and it's a just cause and if you don't have the stomach for it you should ask yourself exactly why that is! Do you think it's just over oil? It's not! Do you think it's just over the bad treatment of the Iraqi people? It's not! It's a combination of those things and very real concerns over the balance of power in the region! You need to fully understand the situation before you get real freaked out about it! There are many things happening here that no one is addressing because in some cases it doesn't fit their preconceived notion about the situation and in others it's because they aren't interested in world affairs until it's too late. Then they come in grasping at little bits of information that are being thrown it them from all sides. All the time just trying to put it into a context that they can get their mind wrapped around! It's not easy....Nor should it be!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
"You get a lot more with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone."

Al Capone and Donald Rumsfeld

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Brett said:
"You get a lot more with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone."

Al Capone and Donald Rumsfeld
Very well said!:banana:

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Don't be polite to Canada because I'm here guys. Actually I am very pissed off and embarrassed at the Canadian Government, they are not OFFICIALLY supporting the US. However as ashamed as I am, our CTV National news just yesterday said that Canada does have some troops already in Irac, plus our Navy is off the coast of Irac and Afghanistan, but our stupid Prime Minister is too scared to admit it. The truth is coming out on Canadian news more and more every day. What is strange is that we only hear about US and British troops. There are actually 44 countries supporting this effort. Canada just wasted 1 Billion dollars on gun control, you read right, so I don't think we have much money to really help. Don't worry, I have a friend from China, and everyone knows they have no technology. All China has is troops. What does concern me is that Nostradamus SAW Asian troops on North American soil by 2017! The US has the technology to win a war, wars are not faught and won anymore because a country has more troops, it is technology. I can keep you updated from our news because it seems so different from what you hear on CNN.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
We don't get the truth from CNN Either. Between them and the networks, It's no wonder people are not sure what to think!

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Finally, a political thread where I can flex my pythons baby. Ever notice how the more the U.S. tries to help other countries, the more they are hated? What all of the protestors seem to forget is the U.S is trying to set up democracy after the war. The U.S. and other countries also drop off tonnes of food to countries like Iraq. The Iraqi people on the streets are so happy to see U.S. soldiers liberating them from Saddam's dictatorship. There are so many anti-war protestors in North America, and the world. It is time to start supporting, this is going to be a long one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
One thing I noticed is that our news people are all conservative Bush suporters (remember how they hated Clinton) so there is no middle line, fair, and ultimately accurate reporting from CNN and all their "sister" stations.

Another thing that is happeneing is that all of the Arabs are mistrustful of the US and are afraid that we are planning to dominate the middle east, simply because they are mis-informed, and stemming from our support of Isreal, and they don't really trust anybody because they're all used to dealing with their own neighbors and Government who are sneaky and decietful.

I don't ever recall hearing any negative comments about Canada being neutral. Canada always remains neutral, and we respect that, just don't bash us like France. France, and Russia have alot of money invested in Iraq, and are worried that it will be the US and UK in charge of the cash drawer. And alot of countries just don't like to see us flex our muscles, because frankly, they don't have any muscle to flex back.

Yes, we need to support our troops, even if some don't agree with us going in there and spending 300 billion dollars on a country that is halfway around the world... at least they (the protestors) have the right to protest without being hung or shot in the head. But remember, the real protest is heard at voting time (if Florida ever gets there voting machines fixed!)...

Bottom line, whether or not you agree with Bush's politics, after 9/11 you at least have to agree with the fact that he had to take this action.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
"One thing I noticed is that our news people are all conservative Bush suporters (remember how they hated Clinton) so there is no middle line, fair, and ultimately accurate reporting from CNN and all their "sister" stations."

Yikes....you must be watching fox news, because they are the only ones who are close to being on the side of Bush. The rest of the networks are a liberal paradise. And the newspapers in this country are a total joke, so slanted against the war it disturbs me to even read the headlines

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I Totally agree with Brett here! And even FOX is going a little more towards the middle than they used to be! The News media in this country leans so far to the left these days that they're not really worth reading or watching! These people are doing everything they can to make you think that we're in some sort of trouble over there like we were in Viet Nam....And we've only been fighting for ten days or so....We've got control over most of the country and UNLIKE Viet Nam We have an objective.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It's ok Sal! We're here to keep you on target!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
whats really sad Sal is it seems there are alot of anti-bush people who would want to see us lose just to make Bush look bad. Think about it, the liberals would love to see 10k bodybags coming home with our troops in them. And before anyone jumps on me for being right wing, i believe if a democrat was president the right would be hoping to see those same bodybags. the political system has been very aggravating for a number of years, whereas we see other americans with different opinions as the ENEMY, when in reality they just have a different opinion.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
10 Participants
kcnewell