Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was "cruising" down Conneticut Ave and just as you pass Kensington there is a nice strip that I normaly speed on. Well needless to say.. My 2nd rear panel came off.. I am starting to get tired of this!! Now I have a hanging panel on my rear deck. What a pain.:bomb: This will be the 2nd time this happens.. maybe the car is just not meant to speed.....

·
Registered
CTS-V SERIES
700 Posts
All i know is that your wong about one thing.... This car is only good to speed and long trips. No stop and goes, and no holeshots.

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
i fixed both of mine yesterday in fact :D

took about 15 minutes for each side. i tried yanking on them when they were done, and they didn't budge. i'm impressed.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rear panel??? please explain or pics?
YOu know the Rear Seat belts than run into those rear panels in the back with the AIRBAG symbol on it??... Well roll all your windows down and open up the moonroof and floor it.. get to about 145+ and you might just see what I am talking about..:eek:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All i know is that your wong about one thing.... This car is only good to speed and long trips. No stop and goes, and no holeshots.

Yes I know.. i was just giving out a little sarcasm... guess I went too far..:emo:

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
YOu know the Rear Seat belts than run into those rear panels in the back with the AIRBAG symbol on it??... Well roll all your windows down and open up the moonroof and floor it.. get to about 145+ and you might just see what I am talking about..:eek:
Oh yeah...that happened with my boss and a few co-workers in the car...that went over real well...:banghead: Just went along with everyones theory that ALL American cars are crap. Their response, "Thats what you get for spending that kind of money on a Cadillac!"

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont think I have ever seen a "V" without the moonroof. .. Oh well.. Then just put all your windows down and get on the express way and floor it.. watch your panels come off... lol

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
sunroofs were options in 04 and 05 to my knowledge. they came standard in 06 and 07.

someone can correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Do you guys really do high speed runs with all your windows and moon roof open?
The V has enough aero drag already, try rolling the windows up over 100mph. :banghead:

It's not like we gain downforce from an open moonroof or windows is it?

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Do you guys really do high speed runs with all your windows and moon roof open?
100mph on a 95 degree day with windows down and music up...amazing! Why would any of us even think that something like that would happen? I know that when I bought my car I thought I was getting luxury...maybe if I had a SHO I would think to roll up my windows at 100. :stirpot:

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
How about the guys doing track days?

Most events require both front windows down.
The V can certianly exceede 100mph on most tracks.

Are you track guys having sail panel issues?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts