Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me, my 1990 Allante was garaged for 2 years, hubby would start it every 2-3 months and run it around the neighborhood a bit. Now the fuel is not getting to the engine, I think the pump is frozen. The battery is okay. I would like to drive my baby again.

The local dealership changed hands and is awful; the techs are not competent at guessing, much less fixing what is wrong and the dealership charges way too much for each psuedo repair. Anybody have a suggestion before I order and pay for a whole lot of very expensive, maybe unecessary parts?

·
Registered
191 Posts
To confirm a no fuel condition, you can remove the air inlet duct between the air filter box and the throttle body, open the throttle plates, and sprat a couple second blast of starting fluid into the upper intake. The close the throttle and immediately try to start the car. If the car fires then dies, it means there is spark but no fuel. I have had a couple instances in which a car that had been sitting for quite a while that initially would not start after a couple repetitions of this would start and stay running. You do not want to spray too much starting fluid, just 2 to 3 seconds. If the engine does not fire immediately (start to run then stall), do not repeat. It means there is no spark.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts