Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw in the manual that if you hit the unlock button on the key fob TWICE all the windows would express down. I haven't been able to make that happen. Is this a personalization setting I am missing or is it not native to every trim package?

Thanks in advance for the help and Merry Christmas ATS owners!

Eric

·
Registered
ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red
177 Posts
I tried it didn't work for me. I know in some cars I've own holding down the unlock button would do it but again not in this case.

12,821 Posts
EricDOhio and Zr1mom, I did some research for you and did see the following information in your owners manual (page 2-21).

"Express-Down/Up Windows
Windows with the express feature
allow the windows to be raised and
lowered all the way without holding
the switch.
Press or pull the switch fully and
release it to activate the express
feature.
The express mode can be canceled
by briefly pressing or pulling the
switch.

Express Window Anti-Pinch
Feature
If any object is in the path of the
window when the express-up is
active, the window will stop at the
obstruction and auto-reverse to a
preset factory position. Weather
conditions such as severe icing
may also cause the window to
auto-reverse. The window will
return to normal operation after the
obstruction or condition is removed.
[See page 2-22 for information regarding Express Window Anti-Pinch
Override.]"

To double check if the Express Down/Up Windows feature was installed on your ATS, I recommend checking in with your dealership. I'm also happy to consult my resources for you; simply send me the last eight of your VIN via email at [email protected] or via private message, and I can research for you.

Happy Holidays!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury RWD + Nav/18's/Awareness
22 Posts
Hi Katie - I believe the question was with respect to using the key fob to drop the windows remotely. I've had that in Infiniti...press and hold a button on the fob and they could go down remotely (in order to air the car out for example on a hot day). I think you provided the info from the manual on how to use "express windows" using the door swithches, not via key fob? Does the ATS have the key fob remote windows down feature?

12,821 Posts
Ah-ha! Sorry about the confusion, ATS Toronto. The information I pulled was unfortunately the only information I could find in the owners manual regarding any sort of Express Down/Up Windows instructions.

I'm happy to keep checking my resources for additional information, however! In order to do so, I would need the last eight of an owner's VIN. Please feel free to contact me via email or private message if you would like me to explore the situation further.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury RWD + Nav/18's/Awareness
22 Posts
Hi Katie - found this info in the owner's manual, in section 2-4 about Keys, Doors, and Windows...in referring to the key fob it says: "On some models, pressing and holding unlock button will open all of the windows." Sounds like it should be working for Eric and Zr1mom.

Thanks,
ATS Toronto

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
383 Posts
It might be like "power folding mirrors" which is referenced in the manual but I don't think the ATS has. Also, I have not checked yet, but does the ATS have auto high beam? The manual addresses that also.

·
Registered
ATS 3.6L Luxury
235 Posts
It might be like "power folding mirrors" which is referenced in the manual but I don't think the ATS has. Also, I have not checked yet, but does the ATS have auto high beam? The manual addresses that also.
I don't believe that any ATS model comes equipped like that - I believe it to be an XTS feature only.
On the XTS forums there are threads with questions on how to disable this, the windows have come down inadvertently.

·
Registered
2015 ATS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think BlueSkies and Pever are likely correct in that it is a XTS feature. Ironically, about a month ago I saw my first XTS at the mall; red and beautiful. It was RAINING pretty darn hard and ALL THE WINDOWS WERE DOWN. I just knew something was amiss as rain was in the forecast and it was cold enough and no one would leave their car windows down IN A NEW CAR at the mall. I felt so bad for the person who purchased that XTS as they were going to come back to a new car - SOAKED.

Perhaps it is a good thing the ATS doesn't have it!

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,364 Posts
Definitely no intellibeam..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts