Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 cts4
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today I went on lunch break to get food the car has been fine to me so far its an 08 cts4 with 90000 miles on it but I was going to get food and out of nowhere the abs light and tc light came on and the dash it said service stablitrac all wheel drive off service brake assist an service traction control does anyone no of anything that would make this happen

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 3.6
43 Posts
With my 2010 it was a sensor on the rear wheel hub that made the same combination of things happen last year. It was a $600 bill but covered by warranty.

·
Registered
2008 cts4
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok here is an update i am amgetting a right rear read out meaning my scanner is telling me its the right rear BUT the code itself is saying its the left front and auto zone is telling me that there is not abs on the rear of my car does anyone no if this is true or why it is saying two diff. codes in one readout i think the code was coo35

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
457 Posts
Auto zone is wrong. Your car has 4 wheel abs. I highly doubt auto zone would have the necessary proprietary gm scanner necessary to tell which wheel sensor is bad.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
C0035 is driver fron wheel speed sensor erratic signal. Could be sensor on wheel bearing or wire harness. Check for any corrosion on the contacts or water in the connector. Wiggle the wire harness see if the lights come on

·
Registered
2008 cts4
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just replaced the left front wheel speed still getting the same thing I had to order the right rear because parts store does not have them in stock but I had to order one from an 09 because they said they can't get rear sensors does anyone no if they are the same part numbers

·
Registered
2008 CTS
161 Posts
C0035 is not the rear I work today I'll look up the code for the rear sensor. I'd you replaced the sensor then I really believe it is in the wire harness I'll see if I can find you a part number

·
Registered
2008 cts4
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I new that was not the rear but my readout on the scanner says it's the rear I called the dealer and he said there is a bulletin about that sensor and it being reverse polarity

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,132 Posts
I know this is a old discussion but did you ever figure out your issue I'm having the same issues right now 2008 cts4
Have your vehicle DTC's read with a code reader capable of recognizing ABS type troubles.
It will tell you exactly what your issue is.

Generally, this collection of errors leans toward a hub failure, but getting the vehicle scanned is necessary to pinpoint the source of the trouble.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have recently replaced the front hubs but not the sensors I was gonna do the rear hubs soon so I'll get a scan tool on her soon

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 3.6
43 Posts
I'm getting this collection of errors again on my 2010, now with 158,000 km. Several months ago it was triggered by starting off on some really slippery mud, but I ignored it and it eventually cleared. It's been 3 months now and I need to deal with it. The driver's door handle has died for the second time, and with another $650 quote on that I'm thinking about calling it quits and selling the car. That's 5 hub failures and 2 door handles for $4,400 - I love the car, but that's crazy...

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,035 Posts
Un the door handle is a $50 part and takes about 2 hours to fix... My highest quote to replace hubs was $500... So I am not understanding how you can possibly get close to $4400... Even if you paid the dealer $200 for that $50 part and paid them 2 hours of labor you are no where near $4400... You need a different mechanic... Especially if you have had 5 hub failures... Someone is not doing something right... I put about 50k miles on my old sedan and it had 210k miles on it when I traded it in. I had replaced 2 hubs on it... My Wagon I have put 20k miles on it and it had 2 bad hubs on it. But both of those were right away. Luckily I had purchased 4 hubs when Rock Auto had them for less than $50... So all I had to do is buy a hub buster and the hubs were easy to replace... So Again, dunno who you have do yours but they robbed you..

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,132 Posts
Agree with RHR.
Even at $4400 Canadian, that figure is steep. The repair work on your car are not dealer exclusive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting this collection of errors again on my 2010, now with 158,000 km. Several months ago it was triggered by starting off on some really slippery mud, but I ignored it and it eventually cleared. It's been 3 months now and I need to deal with it. The driver's door handle has died for the second time, and with another $650 quote on that I'm thinking about calling it quits and selling the car. That's 5 hub failures and 2 door handles for $4,400 - I love the car, but that's crazy...
Going through the same thing with my 08 cts4 @ ~88k miles on it. Both passenger side doors have died and I’ve been getting this same array of hub errors for a few months. I love my car as well but also considering it might be time to call it quits. :/

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,291 Posts
those things seem like lower priced repairs that wouldn't make me give up a low mileage (for being a 2008) CTS unless yours has many more issues SkunkMeats...but it's your car, your decision...

Bill

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just an idea... my '14 GMC 1500 went crazy like this for awhile (Stabilitrak, ABS, radio on/off, random engine dying, etc). Turned out to be a loose battery connection from a recent battery replacement. Battery connections cleaned and tightend and problem has not happened since (one year later).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts