Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2002 White Diamond STS
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the rain, mud, and slush we get up here, an all-weather floor mat is most definitely a good idea.

So I ordered the name we all think of when we think of all-weather mats: Weather Tech.

Well I've done the searches and read the issues in other sub-forms with other models of Cadillac, but I need some input from the Seville crowd. It seems that for some car models, the mats fit great; others, not so much.

Anyone here use the Weather Tech in their Seville? What has your experience been with color & fitment?

I received mine yesterday (I had ordered the tan). When I received them, they weren't tan; they were a dark brown (think coffee, mocha, etc). Ironic that even the picture online and on the packaging looked nothing like the color I received (a little miffed about that false advertising). I figured I could live with it as they are on the floor, maybe the contrast would work. Well, when I put them in the car, they didn't even fit! :mad:

If you read other Weather Tech threads in other model sub-forums here, you'll see that some people have said they had to cut theirs to fit. That's not really an acceptable solution to me; it would be cutting the side barrier and letting all the liquids & dirt to roll off the side of the mat and hit my carpet. (It's by the dead pedal/left foot rest that the mat doesn't conform properly).

I called WeatherTech and I was told this is their tan color, and these are their Seville STS mats for my car & year. I can't imagine that these are the things they ship out to every customer that has a Seville. The fitment is so off I assumed I had the wrong set of mats. To their credit they're sending me a return shipping label and they'll refund my money, but I'd rather have fitting all-weather mats. I'd have a very hard time recommending Weather Tech to a friend if this is what they're shipping out to customers.

What other options do we have?

·
Registered
2002 White Diamond STS
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picture of color difference:

Like I was saying, the color difference I can live with, even though it's not what the pictures suggested. The incorrect fitment isn't going to work though. :(

·
Registered
'03 STS 122K, '01 STS 161K - 3/3/11
671 Posts
Walmart specials! I too looked at weathertech but I didn't think the price was worth it... the walmart ones don't look the greatest, but they fit and do an excellent job of holding salt/water/mud in the low spots and they are raised up enough in the middle that my pants don't get wet on the bottom/back. I figure the inside of the car never looks that great in winter anyway, so why blow money on fancy mats.

Mine are tan in one car and a darker gray in the other, they match the interior colors "close enough".

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Kraco&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=14383491590955255114&sa=X&ei=DQl5Te2LCtCztwfTwOznBg&ved=0CFoQ8wIwAQ#

·
Registered
99 STS, White Diamond
792 Posts
I've had Weathertech mats in my car for years. Yes, I was a bit miffed about the color and that I had to cut to fit, but they've done a great job of containing mud, snow, dirt, etc. You just have to cut out a little notch for the driver side footrest (the passenger side fits fine). You cut the rears along molding lines and it's impossible to tell that they were cut.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I've used the mats that you can buy from Costco in my Sevilles. They fit fine , no cutting necesary. The color tan pretty much matches the color of the dash top. Last time I bought them, about three years ago they were $20 for a set of four ( front and back). They last very well and do a good job of containing the crud tracked into the car.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
Walmart specials! I too looked at weathertech but I didn't think the price was worth it... the walmart ones don't look the greatest, but they fit and do an excellent job of holding salt/water/mud in the low spots and they are raised up enough in the middle that my pants don't get wet on the bottom/back. I figure the inside of the car never looks that great in winter anyway, so why blow money on fancy mats.

Mine are tan in one car and a darker gray in the other, they match the interior colors "close enough".

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Kraco&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=14383491590955255114&sa=X&ei=DQl5Te2LCtCztwfTwOznBg&ved=0CFoQ8wIwAQ#
I have those same ones but I don't like that tops of them dont quite fit the mould of the floor by the gas pedal. I also wish they didnt slide up 4" after a week or two of getting in and out of the car several times a day.

·
Registered
1992 Eldorado
200 Posts
I put black Weathertech mats in my dark blue 92 Eldo. They are the best mats I have ever had and I tried everything. After a year I hose them off and they look brand new. They fit perfectly in the Eldo. My friend recommended them. He had a set in his pick up 3 years and they were fine when he sold it. I saw the Costco mats a couple of months ago and they look very well made but I've never tried them. I know Costco has an excellent customer satisfaction program but I'm going to stick with Weathertech mats based on my experience. I tried a set of the Michelin mats and they wore through in less than 3 months. Very soft rubber.

·
Registered
2002 White Diamond STS
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good input everyone, thanks.

The positive experience in the Eldorado confirms what I've been reading all over the site; some cars they fit great, others not even remotely well. I wonder why Weather Tech even does this? They sell $100+ floor mats that require the customer to measure & cut? That's just ridiculous. Disappointed in that, Weather Tech. :thumbsdown:

I'll check out the Costco versions, thanks for that idea. Are they generic mats or are they specific to our car?

I see those Kraco/Walmart ones are also the dark brown. Does anyone make a lighter-color/tan all-weather floor mat out there?

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
913 Posts
I have those same ones but I don't like that tops of them dont quite fit the mould of the floor by the gas pedal. I also wish they didnt slide up 4" after a week or two of getting in and out of the car several times a day.
I looked at your photos. That Yankee salt really eats everything.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
I don't think bellevue uses salt at least not as heavy as the midwest does, in town here the city uses a salt/ice melt mixture, and to the OP check out I don't think bellvue uses salt at least not as heavy as the midwest does, in town here the city uses a salt/ice melt mixture, and to the OP check out http://www.*****************.com they sell all kinds of mats. When I bought my car (since I'm the second owner) it came with the factory floor mats, the teeth on the bottom of those things go deep! they sell all kinds of mats. When I bought my car (since I'm the second owner) it came with the factory floor mats, the teeth on the bottom of those things go deep! The mats don't slide anywhere

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Oh I don't even drive my seville that much I drive a work truck everyday, the sts just sits in the driveway gleaming and waiting for a drive, also just put a spring wax on the other day man that black gets deep and shiny!

·
Registered
2002 White Diamond STS
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, you know what - I probably don't really need the all-weather mats anyway. I live in a highrise building, park the car underground. I work in a highrise building...... and park the car underground. This car never sees snow. :D

I can just splurge for a plush custom carpet set. Even if (worst case) I had to buy a new set every two years, I could live with that. If I didn't live in the city I don't think I could get away with that.

Those AutoPride mats look nice, thanks cadi509 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
NONE
2,027 Posts
Oh I don't even drive my seville that much I drive a work truck everyday, the sts just sits in the driveway gleaming and waiting for a drive, also just put a spring wax on the other day man that black gets deep and shiny!
That's nice :D I put on about 150 miles per week at MOST.

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac STS(Black)
13 Posts
I recently purchased the best all weather mats that Walmart had to offer. While they are not top-notch by any means, they do a great job of trapping the water and debris. I believe I paid around $20 for them. I have had great luck with these mats in my other vehicles. Its hard to find mats that fit exact, but the ones from Walmart come close. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2002 White Diamond STS
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ended up going with the "Luxe" mats from Auto Pride. They were super-expensive, but hey, this is a Cadillac - she deserves the best! :) They're not all-weather, but they're allegedly pretty impervious to the the elements I might track in the car.

Also ordered their trunk liner as well. The bill was by no means cheap (total price including trunk liner, tax, and shipping was nearly 3x the total cost of the WeatherTechs), but if these mats at least fit - that alone would be an upgrade over the WeatherTechs, and a step in the right direction. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts