Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need your help.

Reed (The FAQ site owner) and I have been sending out the flash CD for the nav system update to both supporting and non-supporting members of this forum.

This has been made possible by the donation of the flash disc by various forum members and non members.

We are at a point where we may be unable to help, as the discs are not being returned, even though they are sent with a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope).

If you have a flash CD you would like to donate, the FAQ’s would appreciate it.

If you have one from us, please return it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
give it up guys... wtf

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I'll send mine in the morning. PM me the address.

P.S.- If you're one of the people with a CD, have the decency to return it. You get something for free, and then swipe the disc? Lame, guys.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
I donated a disk. The Mod's should not have to ask for these disk back. Then again, it just goes to show how you can't do anything for some people.:mad:

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Gentlemen....this is unbelievable. You are doing a great disservice to the forum. This place has done many things to help us where the General has given us the shaft. Please be courteous and remember to "do unto others"....
<off soapbox>

F

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Lame!

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CD flash disc cannot be copied.

At least with the stuff I have, and I made mounds of coasters trying to.

The files can be, but there are hidden tracks for the bios loader that cannot/willnot lend themselves to being copied in a manner that the DVD will read the disc.

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
Send me the disc and I'll make 100 copies on the duplicator here and mail them back to you. Its just data... why would someone steal it? Once you run it, you dont need it anymore.

At any rate, this service should be done at the dealership for free.

·
Registered
2013 ATS / 2016 ATS-V
552 Posts
Besides the "stuck in michigan" problem what else does this flash update? NOt trying to change the subject . I think you should post the names of the people not returning the discs so members that live close by can go to their house and Ruff dem suckaz up!!!!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Besides the "stuck in michigan" problem what else does this flash update? NOt trying to change the subject . I think you should post the names of the people not returning the discs so members that live close by can go to their house and Ruff dem suckaz up!!!!
My thoughts exactly, I just didn't want to post them last night.
I don't see why we're keeping them a secret.
EXPOSE THEM LIKE the cover of US Weekly

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did not think that it would be necessary to keep a list of who got them. :rant2:

How hard is it to return something in the SASE it came with? :confused:

As of now, it looks like we are not going to be able to supply the flash anymore anyway.

The FAQ "library" had six copies and now it has one (it isn't going anywhere).

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
Release the names and contact information of those who are not worthy. I'll give a friendly call.
Seems it would be easier to forward the disk than change your address.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
WTF. They were kind enough to loan you the Disc, return it!

You should ban them from the forum if they don't return the disc.

Low life scum.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Post the names and screen names and let the "people" do what they must...Nothing beats a little public humiliation.

At least that's what I told Onebadcad's friend who got busted with the chubby honey on Alligator Alley:eek:...The black and white can do wonders:thumbsup:

Chef

1 - 20 of 24 Posts