Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
So, you're Light Beige Metallic - Monotone.

Mountain Laurel is the REAL name of the color adopted by Mary Kay Cosmetics. Mountain Laurel was a standard color offered by Cadillac for 1956 & 1957. It was the original pink hue that the cosmetics company selected and was used from 1985 thru 1988. Then it was slightly altered darker for 1989. Since then the color has been altered many times. Still, in & around Mary Kay Cosmetics - no matter waht alterations are done to the color, they still call it Mountain Laurel / Mary Kay Pink

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Sandy said:
I know, thats neat!

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Sandy said:

Mountain Laurel is the REAL name of the color adopted by Mary Kay Cosmetics. Mountain Laurel was a standard color offered by Cadillac for 1956 & 1957. It was the original pink hue that the cosmetics company selected and was used from 1985 thru 1988. Then it was slightly altered darker for 1989. Since then the color has been altered many times. Still, in & around Mary Kay Cosmetics - no matter waht alterations are done to the color, they still call it Mountain Laurel / Mary Kay Pink
what was it like in the late '70s/early '80s? I ask because in the movie I saw about mary k. (I only watched it to see the cars, don't worry) and they were a darker pink than the powder light stuff I see on FWD caddys. also, was the one in Goodfellas a mary k.?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I didn't see Goodfellows.
The 1989 - 1993 were deeper that the original, but when I say "deeper" it was only very very slightly deeper. In 1994 thru 1999 the got lighter in color, but less "pink". About 2000 or so they got Pearlized (metallic) and lighter yet!
This continued to 2005, inclusive. The 2006 is still pearlized but deeper and trurer PINK than most in the past. It's pretty PINK for 2006 !! Allantes were always PEARL Pink....

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Sandy said:
I didn't see Goodfellows
Oh you HAVE to. You'd enjoy all of the cars in there, especially the '79 Phaeton. In one famous scene, Henry has a '66 Chrysler Newport convertible sedan (atleast I think that's what it was) and theres another scene with a '64 or so Buick Riviera and many others!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
yeah, and for the Chevrolet nuts theres a gorgeous '61 Impala droptop. oh and that '74 Fleetwood is nice too.

be sure to pay attention to the '79 phaeton... :cool2:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Don't forget that '66 Corvette that is shown in the best scene in the movie...

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hello,

This morning I saw a white 78 Le Cabriolet with white top and red interior. Wire wheels, dual exhaust, appeared to be clean. It was crossing the I-94 bridge from Wisconsin into Minnesota. Very cool!

Dave

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Don't forget that '66 Corvette that is shown in the best scene in the movie...
Yeah, that too, I forgot that one. I'm not a Corvette guy by any means. Awesome scene though.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
When that scene started, my friends thought he was gonna trash that 'vette because in that shot in his rear view mirror, that 'vette is the main thing you see.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Benzilla said:
what was it like in the late '70s/early '80s? I ask because in the movie I saw about mary k. (I only watched it to see the cars, don't worry) and they were a darker pink than the powder light stuff I see on FWD caddys. also, was the one in Goodfellas a mary k.?

Here's a pic

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Yup, it was on TNT.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
'Ya, I've seen 2 more since that 1st one I mentioned. It's very pink for 2006.

·
Registered
even others in Caddy's hate my Lac's hahaha sissy fools
117 Posts
Probably 10 posts in these 6 pages, hahahahaha

Makes me sad that I saw my LeCabriolet leave down to Cali on Saturday...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Yes, HRS, you could get it >> IF << you were a top executive atr Mary Kay Cosmetics in Dallas, Texas. Otherwise, no.

·
Registered
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville Le Cabriolet
335 Posts
i have a 78 lecab myself but it doesnt look like its in the same shape as all of these. the black one with the red interior is sick. and whats up with the ornament of the red one?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts