Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a busy list of stuff thrown on the car...

- Kooks headers
- Corsa exhaust
- GM accessory wheels
- UUC shifter
- CTS center console

The guys at Lindsay did an incredible job, and I got the forum pricing on everything :thumbsup:
I thought this car was fun to drive before... Now it's just plain wicked! :stirpot: This is how the CTS-V should be.
The sound is perfect... Badass when I want it be. Wheels look so much better in person than I saw in the pics. Even the console is more comfortable.

UUC shifter - Where have you been all my life?!?

You guys are seriously missing out if you're not dealing with Lindsay Cadillac... They truly are the gold standard of what any dealership should be. Having them right next door from me is even better :bouncy:

To Luke, James, and everyone else... I thank you. This is a BITCHIN' car!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ I apologize for boring you. Just giving credit where credit is due.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
^^ I apologize for boring you. Just giving credit where credit is due.
I was kidding. You must be reading selected threads only. Haven't you been reading all the Lindsay threads? If you had, you'd have read how I've given them much credit already and listed all my many purchases. Oh well ... kids! ... you just can't teach 'em anything these days. :thehand:

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's all good... Your post just read like you were annoyed by my thread. And I'd really hate to kick an old guy's ass in front of all these people :cool:

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
TaVern... that was a lot of work to do in one day but me and my helpers worked pretty hard to get you going.

The XM reciever will probably be ordered on Monday, I'll have Mike let you know when it comes in.
(Mike was your advisor wasn't he?)
So many of you V guys have been coming in lately it is hard to keep everyone separated in my head.
We have just been really swamped with work.

Amazing the difference the UUC install makes isn't it?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you again, Bill. You and your boys did a hell of a job. The car is amazing. And Mike was indeed my service advisor (tell him thanks for me).

The UUC really is like a night and day difference. I've read a lot of bitch posts about the stock shifter, and just thought otherwise. I knew the stock shifter wasn't great, but I was willing to live with it... Until you guys came along :stirpot:

What a difference!

Here's my question: Why the hell wasn't this thing original equipment in the first place?!?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I am not sure.
The thing that makes the most difference is actually the bushings.
The factory ones are hollow and it allows for a lot of movement of the shifter brace under the car.
I have no idea why they did it that way.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Those XM tuners used to be on parts restriction but I just found out that we can order it directly from our service center. That makes my job easier actually.
The only problem will be, now I have to "educate" the parts department on how to order them.
:D

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I don't get to deal with Luke a lot, he handles the front counter mostly.
Some of the guys in the back are slow to change, but they still do a good job.
I am confident they will figure it out though.
;)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
I haven't had the pleasure of getting my car worked on by the awesome (from what I hear) Caddy techs at Lindsay, and I probably won't since I live in South Dakota, but I wish I was so much closer.

But, I have talked to Luke and ordered a lot of parts from him over the last couple of months and it is great working with him and he should get a raise because he is awesome at what he does.

Hear this Cadillac -- Luke Butler and all the Caddy guys at Lindsay DESERVE A RAISE for how hard they work.

C.J. :bouncy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts