Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have information about this current hold on all Escalades? My order has been produced and shipped. It has been sitting at the destination rail yard for weeks. Dealer tells me its on hold and they do not know why. They too are trying to figure out why

Cadillac.com customer service will also not tell me why.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This has been going on since Nov. My friend had his order sit for 6 weeks. I hope for the best!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Palsapp.com
Put in your vin as this is the shipper GM uses
Mine has been sitting for 3 days after dropped off by rail.
When I looked up local dealer inventory those cars arrived by rail and were trucked out 3-5 days later arriving at dealer this last week.
So things are moving unless something changed

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Palsapp.com
Put in your vin as this is the shipper GM uses
Mine has been sitting for 3 days after dropped off by rail.
When I looked up local dealer inventory those cars arrived by rail and were trucked out 3-5 days later arriving at dealer this last week.
So things are moving unless something changed
You must have more access than I do as the tracking information does not provide any useful detailed information.

My car arrived at the destination rail yard weeks ago and is simply waiting truck transport to the dealer but this current hold has put a stop to it moving.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
489 Posts
It can be on hold due to a hailstorm damaging the vehicle requiring it to be repaired first. Most times no one will tell you that info either. Top Secret.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think palsapp is sometimes helpful to put in some VINs your dealer had on lot.
It showed for my dealership, once arriving at the rail stop, vehicles stayed 4 days until a truck picked them up to bring to dealer

Today was day 4 for my car, and the status changed this morning to on truck to dealer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think palsapp is sometimes helpful to put in some VINs your dealer had on lot.
It showed for my dealership, once arriving at the rail stop, vehicles stayed 4 days until a truck picked them up to bring to dealer

Today was day 4 for my car, and the status changed this morning to on truck to dealer
I'll have to check back on this. Unfortunately when checking my car (and other cars from the dealer) it shows a simple "pending" status with no dates or times. From what palsapp is showing, the cars left the factory but have not been loaded onto train, which is not accurate. Here is an example VIN that shows what I am seeing. 1GYS4EKL6MR337754

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wonder if there is a chance your motor manufacture date falls under the "value spring issue" and they have a stop sell on your VIN with a plan to fix it at some intermediary station before sending it on to the dealer. Or your dealer didn't pay his bill o_O

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the same tpw as some people who are waiting 4/19.
Got mine Saturday but I am in tx 35 miles north of the plant.
Probably not a recall if they were able to send mine out
It still took at least 1 week after built to get there

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if there is a chance your motor manufacture date falls under the "value spring issue" and they have a stop sell on your VIN with a plan to fix it at some intermediary station before sending it on to the dealer. Or your dealer didn't pay his bill o_O
Looks to be an issue with the v8s; I have the diesel. Must be the latter! :censored:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is it at the final rail yard for Truck transport? Or is it awaiting rail transfer?

Mine made it from Arlington to Chicago in a few days. Now awaiting the transfer from Chicago to Fort Wayne. Then Fort Wayne to Lockhart (112 miles) via Truck transport.

Looks to be an issue with the v8s; I have the diesel. Must be the latter! :censored:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is it at the final rail yard for Truck transport? Or is it awaiting rail transfer?

Mine made it from Arlington to Chicago in a few days. Now awaiting the transfer from Chicago to Fort Wayne. Then Fort Wayne to Lockhart (112 miles) via Truck transport.
Yes, it is at the final rail yard. it's sitting in NY waiting to get on a truck transport to the dealer. Its only 3 hours away.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll have to check back on this. Unfortunately when checking my car (and other cars from the dealer) it shows a simple "pending" status with no dates or times. From what palsapp is showing, the cars left the factory but have not been loaded onto train, which is not accurate. Here is an example VIN that shows what I am seeing. 1GYS4EKL6MR337754
Mine just got built and my VIN on Palsapp says “GM Plant to Rail Shuttle, delivered on May 3.“ I checked a half dozen VINs from a few different dealers just to get an idea of the process and they all have one info line that says “pending” like you found. Mine is being shipped to Florida, and I know a few folks who have had 6-8 week wait from build for their vehicles.

·
Registered
‘12 Infiniti EX35 ‘19 VW e-Golf
83 Posts
Let's say my order doesn't get picked up by GM by August, placed 1/6, would the dealership just cancel it or is there a possibility GM will accept it as a '22 order and honor '21 pricing? I recall a YouTube video regarding the backlog of ordered '20 C8 Corvettes and GM changing the orders to '21 models. I don't need it immediately but it would be nice to have for some planned road trips this summer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Let's say my order doesn't get picked up by GM by August, placed 1/6, would the dealership just cancel it or is there a possibility GM will accept it as a '22 order and honor '21 pricing? I recall a YouTube video regarding the backlog of ordered '20 C8 Corvettes and GM changing the orders to '21 models. I don't need it immediately but it would be nice to have for some planned road trips this summer.
What options did you get? Seems odd that it wasn't picked up yet.

·
Registered
‘12 Infiniti EX35 ‘19 VW e-Golf
83 Posts
What options did you get? Seems odd that it wasn't picked up yet.
Sport ESV, HD tow, Assist Steps, Driver Assist Pkg, black nameplate. Was quoted 4-6 months so I'm still hopeful it'll get picked up in the next month or two.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts