Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
none
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All: was told today that the whole country is on hold for QA issues at the factory here in Lansing. This is for all CTS including V series. Mine is built, invoiced and shows ready to ship but is on hold status.
Anyone have any inside info on this?
Ugh-

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
52 Posts
Please let me refer all the fanboys with heads in the proverbial sand to this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/221663-new-standard-world-i-certainly-hope.html If this above-mentioned reference applies to you, well.. take it for what it's worth. If not, please ignore the reference.

Even though I love my 2011 Cadillac, mine was so screwed up from the factory that they offered to make what would be equal to a month's payment ($750-ish) as a gesture of good faith for delivering a new car that should never have made it past their quality assurance team (if they were working that day).

Just for the record, I'm waiting for a replacement Panoroof due to a horrendous wind noise caused by the lower crossbar's seal not even touching the opposing part.

Since purchasing my CTS-V about a month and a half ago, I've tried to go with another GM product. This past Saturday, I purchased a 2011 SS/RS with auto and sunroof. Its sunroof and wind noise is MUCH quieter than the Caddy, but unfortunately it's going back to the shop too. The steering wheel is off about 5º or more and pulls to the right and it has a repeating surge then hesitation when at cruising speed. Both should be easily remedied and the overall the fit and finish of the Camaro is much better than the Caddy. So yes, I can completely imagine the CTS being on hold for a QA reason. Whether or not that's really the case remains to be seen.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
165 Posts
Please let me refer all the fanboys with heads in the proverbial sand to this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/221663-new-standard-world-i-certainly-hope.html If this above-mentioned reference applies to you, well.. take it for what it's worth. If not, please ignore the reference.

Even though I love my 2011 Cadillac, mine was so screwed up from the factory that they offered to make what would be equal to a month's payment ($750-ish) as a gesture of good faith for delivering a new car that should never have made it past their quality assurance team (if they were working that day).

Just for the record, I'm waiting for a replacement Panoroof due to a horrendous wind noise caused by the lower crossbar's seal not even touching the opposing part.

Since purchasing my CTS-V about a month and a half ago, I've tried to go with another GM product. This past Saturday, I purchased a 2011 SS/RS with auto and sunroof. Its sunroof and wind noise is MUCH quieter than the Caddy, but unfortunately it's going back to the shop too. The steering wheel is off about 5º or more and pulls to the right and it has a repeating surge then hesitation when at cruising speed. Both should be easily remedied and the overall the fit and finish of the Camaro is much better than the Caddy. So yes, I can completely imagine the CTS being on hold for a QA reason. Whether or not that's really the case remains to be seen.
I have to agree with you, i have owned mine for 9 months and visited the dealer 10 times. I am going back tomorrow for vibrations and squeaks from the front suspension. This is my first American made car and there is nothing that shows me that this is the "new standard" of the world. I might be selling soon if all of my issues are not resolved by GM soon. Just cut my losses and move on. Here is my list:
1.New Rear differential
2. Front shocks
3. All 4 windows weather strips
4 Driver door weather strip
5. Sub woofer isolation added
6. Sun Roof rubber isolation ( still squeaks)
7. Vibrations that needs to be fixed ( it is not the tires, i changed 2 new sets)
8. New horn

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
I have to agree with you, i have owned mine for 9 months and visited the dealer 10 times. I am going back tomorrow for vibrations and squeaks from the front suspension. This is my first American made car and there is nothing that shows me that this is the "new standard" of the world. I might be selling soon if all of my issues are not resolved by GM soon. Just cut my losses and move on. Here is my list:
1.New Rear differential
2. Front shocks
3. All 4 windows weather strips
4 Driver door weather strip
5. Sub woofer isolation added
6. Sun Roof rubber isolation ( still squeaks)
7. Vibrations that needs to be fixed ( it is not the tires, i changed 2 new sets)
8. New horn

Holy shit! I've never tried to honk the horn! As soon as I het mine back from the dealer, I'll try to!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
2 Posts
In December I purchased a fully loaded 2011 CTS-V Coupe. I was driving when all of a sudden the parking brake light starts blinking. Then the ABS, traction control and brake light comes on. The steering wheel becomes stiff and jerky and then in the driver info center I get the message "Suspension has failed." The car only has 2,000 miles on it. Car has been at the dealership for a couple of days now. Will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)
662 Posts
Production has restarted at LGR.

·
Registered
04 CTS V (Then). 07 STS-V (Next), 11 CTS-V (Now)
370 Posts
I love my V and have owned it for 6 months with zero issues. I did have to go to the dealer once, for a free oil change. It took them
an hour (I can do one in 40 minutes, sitting in my driveway). That is my only complaint.

Well that and the noisey supercharger at idle....I am told I have to live with that.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
52 Posts
Two words: Unionized Labour!

[flamesuit on]
I'll have to disagree with you there. Their German counterparts are staffed by organized "labour" and they don't seem to have the carelessness that shows up in the product that's been documented over and over again when it concerns the American auto producer, particularly GM. It seems to be more of a culture of laziness and "don't give a crap attitude" that GM seems to tolerate.

Again, I'm not saying that I don't like my 2011 V or that I don't like my 2011 SS/RS or that either of them are overpriced - quite the contrary. What I am saying is that GM has a LONG way to go before they deserve to be claiming that they are the new world class. That statement may have been true in the 50's and maybe even a decade either side of it, but definitely not in today's marketplace.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
The engineering and design of the vehicles is fantastic. If they could put it togethor as well as its designed the vehicles would be perfect.

·
Registered
2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony
402 Posts
I have to chime in. My VCoupe was built last August. Only one problem- key fob toasted and had to be replaced. No other issues of any kind. Absolutely love the car.

I also must say that it has not been on the road since early December and has about 2000 miles on it. We will see how it behaves when (IF) the snow ever stops here in upstate NY.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
52 Posts
I'm not sure how much credence I put into ConsumerReports. It says our e350 is above average- I agree with that. It say's my 535i is below average because of a high pressure fuel pump issue. No doubt, they had an issue with the twin turbo inline 3-liter's fuel pump, but that's about it. I had mine replaced and had it back in a day. During that time, the service adviser called me two or three times to let me know how the repair was going. Other than that, it's been bullet-proof (I would have found a kink it its armor if there was one). Out of a Dodge Challenger, a 2011 Denali, a 2009 Nissan Armada, a Chrysler 300c as well as a few other cars at my office, it's the one that most the employees and owners requests to drive for errands (the CTS-V is off limits).

As far as Consumer Reports goes, I think it's difficult to measure and compare the expectations of a person who buys a Cadillac to the typical buyer of a BMW or Mercedes. If it rides smooth, doesn't smoke, leak or make any obvious noises, your typical Cadillac buyer who has moved up from Oldsmobile is going to be happy (e.g. refer to many on this board who have defended obvious quality defects by reasoning that you got a good deal, you shouldn't expect high quality too). On the other hand, the Mercedes and BMW lines are expected to be far superior in build quality. The buyer knows this and probably even justified the extra cost based on that expectation. So while popping wheels, rattling rear decks, squeaking sunroofs and popping axles might be okay and possibly even unreported by many of the Cadillac owners, a missed stitch or the slightest wind noise gets reported as a major defect by the European owner.

If you believe ConsumerReports Cadillac cars reliability has improved the most in 2010, rising seven places from last year's ranking.
On the other hand Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz are among the worst automakers overall.
See below link below:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...reliability-findings/reliability-findings.htm

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
my mothers ML63 amg has had more problems in 10k miles than both of my Jeep srt8's combined in 60k. Although I did find that mb's warranty tends to be better as they dont dick around and will replace whatever part is the issue w/out even bothering trying to fix it.

·
Registered
13 6MN Vagon OBM
295 Posts
As far as Consumer Reports goes, I think it's difficult to measure and compare the expectations of a person who buys a Cadillac to the typical buyer of a BMW or Mercedes. If it rides smooth, doesn't smoke, leak or make any obvious noises, your typical Cadillac buyer who has moved up from Oldsmobile is going to be happy (e.g. refer to many on this board who have defended obvious quality defects by reasoning that you got a good deal, you shouldn't expect high quality too).
Now there's a good common sense (i.e., non data-based) perspective; if your experience is different than mine, then you must be delusional or have low expectations. I owned new BMWs for 17 years prior to switching to Cadillac three years ago, and I've had ZERO of the issues you speak of. Had far worse warranty experience on my M5, X5 and 7er than either my V2 or Escalade. But that's just my experience.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2007 Mercedes ML63 AMG
50 Posts
my mothers ML63 amg has had more problems in 10k miles than both of my Jeep srt8's combined in 60k. Although I did find that mb's warranty tends to be better as they dont dick around and will replace whatever part is the issue w/out even bothering trying to fix it.
My ML63 is going in on Monday for more suspension work, been in the shop 3 times for suspension and 5 times for the lift gate.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
My ML63 is going in on Monday for more suspension work, been in the shop 3 times for suspension and 5 times for the lift gate.
Yea i have no idea why they can't get that liftgate to work properly. My wife's '10 srx has a perfect functioning and closing liftgate. The ml63 sounds like an elevator when its closing.....thats when it actually manages to fully close a 1/4 of the time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts