Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need your help.

Reed (the FAQ site owner) and I have been sending out the flash CD for the nav system update to both supporting and non-supporting members.

This has been made possible by the donation of the flash disc by various forum members and non members.

We are at a point where we may be unable to help, as the discs are not being returned, even though they are sent with a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope).

If you have a flash CD you would like to donate, the FAQ’s would appreciate it.

If you have one from us, please return it.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
i agree with u d.u. ...

hm, list those usernames.

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I would have kept better track of who I sent them to I would, but then what's the point?

If someone is set on keeping the doggone thing, then public embarassment isn't going to help.:want:

I guess I could go back to the deposit ( a big one) system, but that just made paypal rich off all the fees.

What burns me is that it is a use once disc and Reed and I thought the forum and the FAQ's could do a good turn by keeping a few available.

No good deed goes unpunished.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
We need your help.

Reed (the FAQ site owner) and I have been sending out the flash CD for the nav system update to both supporting and non-supporting members.

This has been made possible by the donation of the flash disc by various forum members and non members.

We are at a point where we may be unable to help, as the discs are not being returned, even though they are sent with a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope).

If you have a flash CD you would like to donate, the FAQ’s would appreciate it.

If you have one from us, please return it.
Come on people. Give the damn discs back. People went out of their way to help you, the least you can do is get your ass to a mail box!!! :thepan:

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There has been a distinct change in the makeup of the forum (both CTS and V).

Reed and I assumed that the V (and the CTS) owners were "close knit" enough on the forum that they would appreciate what was offered and be more then happy to return the disc as you only need to run the doggone thing once.

Obviously, some forum members thought so and donated their disc to the FAQ library.

Others, whether they are a forum member or not, thought that they needed to keep the disc (screw everybody else, I got mine mindset).

I am not gonna keep flogging this (maybe I will cuz it pisses me off!), but I want to make it clear that the people who screwed all the newcomers who need this succeeded.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
BUMP.

hopefully this'll get more attention and we can get some of those disks back to u & reed

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
I guess I could go back to the deposit ( a big one) system, but that just made paypal rich off all the fees.
Actually, if you refund the payment, Paypal refunds their fee. You have to do a refund instead of just sending them back the money.

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I stopped asking for a deposit when it seemed like a moot point.

MY BAD?

Guess so.

I only got REAL IRRITATED when the disc's were not being returned.

I was like WTF?

I ship the thing with a SASE..blah blah blah...

The FAQ "library" had six and now has two.

The good news to the forum members is that over 50 people got taken care of so your donations helped.:thumbsup:

I know Reed caught some crap from GM for doing this (they should have paid us).:thepan:

Rant for the day, think I will go to the pistol range..............

Crimson Trace rocks!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
bump

1 - 11 of 11 Posts