Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there are different alignment specs for an 06 base with and without 20 inch wheels?

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
jimmy88 said:
Can anyone tell me if there are different alignment specs for an 06 base with and without 20 inch wheels?
there is not... On the alignment machine you enter the vehicle it doesn't give you an option for wheel size

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i just found the gm specks online,a touch different but within tolerance of each other if i read correctly.thanks wesyder

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it aligned at mavis the printout they gave me says escalade w/o 20 inch wheels,my truck has the 20 inch wheels.i'm wondering if i should bring it back to them?
It drives nice enough but the tires seem to have gotten louder.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No i didn't get new tires,and they are the factory 20 inch rims on my lade.

----------

I dont understand only choice is 17 inch

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
The alignment has nothing to do with the size rims
I think mine had a positive number on one side with a negative on the other and I have stock rims
Tracks great and doesn't wear tires uneven in the front

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats the affirmation i was looking for,i wonder why it say except 20 inch wheels on the top of the printout

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
there is not... On the alignment machine you enter the vehicle it doesn't give you an option for wheel size
I don't understand it myself why they would be different, but at the alignment shop I use they have two options, 17" and 20" specs.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
I had mine done a few years ago only saw 17 maybe they put yours under esv plat which came with stock 20s

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Weird stuff i have an 06 base with oem 20, i wish i knew a certified gm tech so they could look up the difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts