Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Vagon TG, Black, Roof, Suede Wheel and Shifter, Polishe
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents bought a 2013 ATS performance/luxury. They have had to replace the rear tires at 14k miles and now the front at 17k. Are the Potenza's just basically crap?
We have owned Cadillacs forever and have never had this issue. The service department where we bought the car at keep telling us it needs an alignment.
Why they won't go ahead and do that is beyond me. I mean it seems pretty obvious to do an alignment if that what is needed.

Our dealer worked a deal with GM to replace the rears tires at half price, and the dealership is stating that GM came back and said they were not going to pay half.
Now the dealer does not want to cover anything on the fronts. "Though they are going bad and the car needs an alignment." I have an exhaust system on my
V-wagon and mom's ATS is louder than mine at highway speed. Dad swears it is a bearing going bad. It just has really loud tire noise.

Has anyone had bearing problems? Or should we bite the bullet and put on a new set of tires non-Potenza?

Thanks William

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
alignment issues are not covered. for all the dealer knows, you or your parents could be banging every single curb at driving speeds every time you try to parallel park. not saying you are. obviously if your tires are wearing prematurely, and the dealer is telling you to get an alignment, you should do that asap. the problem wont solve itself with different tires.

12,778 Posts
Hello WGT31,
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with the tires on your Cadillac ATS. I understand that concerns about a possible alignment/tire replacement could be an inconvenience and we would like the opportunity to look into the situation on our end. I see you have already visited the dealership and discussed the situation with them, but if you could please send us a private message with your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and your preferred dealership, we would be happy to look into this further.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
alignment issues are not covered. for all the dealer knows, you or your parents could be banging every single curb at driving speeds every time you try to parallel park. not saying you are. obviously if your tires are wearing prematurely, and the dealer is telling you to get an alignment, you should do that asap. the problem wont solve itself with different tires.
:2thumbs:

If it's a trusted shop and they are telling you it needs an alignment I'd definitely get that before you put new sneakers on the car. To do otherwise is to be penny wise and $ foolish. A few years ago I thought one of the shops I use was just trying to drum up business when they came out to tell me I needed an alignment (they do a courtesy check for every car that comes in), so I declined. I saved $80 that day, but 7K miles later both front tires were down to the cords on the inside edge. Car felt fine, wear wasn't even visible from the outside so I never knew what was happening....I guess they weren't kidding.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Buy new tires and then get the alignment done at the same time. Don't waste your money having the alignment done on worn tires because it will be off if you do it that way.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
The oem runflats are crap, and it's very common for people to replace them around 15k. I have 16k on my car and all my tires were 4/32 or less (rears were 2/32). Go get yourself new tires and have someone check the alignment to verify it's okay. Chances are your's is fine. I replaced mine with driveguards and very happy with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts