Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i realize this is a CTS V forum (I used to own a Vsport... but I am wondering if anyone cross shopped the QV.

I have driven both but let’s face it a 15 minute test drive is not long enough and I was not able to drive them back to back.

I currently have an RS7 and really want a car that feels lighter and handles better.

I also hope to pick up track days again. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
72 Posts
When it came out, the Giulia QV was proclaimed as the handling champ that dethroned the CTS-V. However, it seems the long-term reliability has been consistent with Alfa's unfortunate prior history in the U.S. I just read a long-term reliability summary at MotorTrend/RT/C&D (don't remember which) and they said their car was in the shop for something like 80 days over a 16 month period as I recall (you should read the litany of issues.) They EMPHATICALLY DO NOT RECOMMEND the car.

·
Registered
2014 Cts Vsport premium
32 Posts
The Giulia is a smaller car like the ATS so it will have a more nimble feel to it. I thought about getting one prior to my V but not a chance in hell would I get one with its reliably issues. It’s also too small for my liking but that’s beside the point. A friend of mine has one and has a litany of issues. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
505 Posts
As stated the Giulia is a compact size car, like the ATS-V and Bimmer M3. The CTS-V is midsized class car. I've been driving Caddy ATS's for 4.5 years (2yrs 2L Turbo, 2.5yrs ATS-V) but I'm originally an Alfa Romeo enthusiast (Alfista) - having owned many vintage/older Alfas for the past 25 years. I still retain membership in the local Alfa Romeo club, and along with talking with local club members, interacting with members at national conventions, AND reading posts on a couple of Alfa Romeo related websites... I get the feeling that the reliability issues for the QV are a bit overblown. Most have been 'electric throttle' warnings, a s/w update which I understand fixes this. I've personally talked with 4 different QV owners, and none have had the experience of the C&D magazine folks.

Of course, dealer network (lack there of) was one of the major reasons I upgraded from my 2L Turbo to the ATS-V, instead of going with my heart/marque loyalties(Alfa). If current models/marketing/Caddy production buffoonery continues, my next new car might actually be with the 'Cross & Snake' once again.

·
Registered
2017 Black Raven A8 V Sedan 19 psi
211 Posts
The QV and ATS-V have almost identical balance.Coming from an ATS-V the QV is a better car is almost every metric.The gen 3 CTS-V handles very well but it is atleast 500lbs heavier and roughly 13" longer than both those cars so has a move oversteering balance in the corners.

·
Registered
Cadillac
304 Posts
There is a Head2Head episode behind MotorTrend's pay-wall in which Camissa, Lieberman and Randy Pobst drive the M3 comp pack, C63AMG and ATS-V and after all of the performance metrics and driver ratings are gathered, the Quadrifoglio won the shootout.

Compared to the CTS-V, the cars are in a slightly different league. The V has obvious drag race winning horsepower. Though the Quadrifoglio has clicked off 11.90's at 120mph in stock form. The driving dynamics are vastly different between the cars. The CTS-V is several hundred pounds heavier. The Alfa is more nimble and more sure-footed most every step of the way. This is also the general summary from the MotorTrend shootout.

The tech in the Alfa is lackluster. For buyers looking for gadgets, the Alfa has them, just not on the Cue level of features. But, when you're doing 190mph in a 4 door sedan? Who cares, right?

Both the CTS-V and Quadrifoglio are sharp knives in the drawer, but they go about things differently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts