Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the time winter is over I should have my Caddy on the road so I was wondering what type of alarm I should install. I been thinking something from Clifford would be good but I'm not up-to-date on the alarms nowadays. What do y'all recommend? The only options I want are window roll-up and door lock-unlock when I arm/dis-arm the alarm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been installing alarms for 3 years and I have replaced more Clifford alarms than any other brand. Try DEI, they make some really good products, and I have yet to see one come back into my shop with problems.

·
Registered
85 Posts
semiauto said:
I have been installing alarms for 3 years and I have replaced more Clifford alarms than any other brand. Try DEI, they make some really good products, and I have yet to see one come back into my shop with problems.
DEI owns Clifford & I think Viper also.

S

·
0 Posts
i say get a Prestige. that's what i've got. it's got remote start too, and you can set a variety of options (if you get the right relay switches) such as window roll-up, garage door opener/closer, etc. it's the APS-996. get it. you won't be disappointed :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
STS_spinnin said:
DEI owns Clifford & I think Viper also.

You are correct.

As an aside, I have the new Viper Responder alarm (which is the exact same thing as the comparable Clifford), and I am very happy with the range of the remote. Plus, I get instant feedback as to whether my Escalade is armed, started, or in a trigger state.

I've had two Clifford alarms before, a Viper and a Crimestopper (LONG time ago). I had a minor issue with the Clifford...but nothing that would make me say stay away.

Good luck.

uh2

·
Registered
85 Posts
semiauto said:
The DEI brand alarms made by DEI are the upper line models though.
I work with the son of the Cliffords and he says DEI bought Clifford. www.directed.com Doesn't really matter to me who owns it, just letting you know.
I have the Clifford Matrix responder alarm, im not as happy with the range my remote gets but it works a lot futher than the factory one did. That 1/4 mile range isn't the same in the City.

·
Registered
29 Posts
STS_spinnin said:
I work with the son of the Cliffords and he says DEI bought Clifford. www.directed.com Doesn't really matter to me who owns it, just letting you know.
I have the Clifford Matrix responder alarm, im not as happy with the range my remote gets but it works a lot futher than the factory one did. That 1/4 mile range isn't the same in the City.
I read reviews before I purchased that stated the 1/4 mile is optimal conditions. I never expected to get that...most times the specs that companies put out are to the extreme anyways.

That being said, like you mentioned, it's clearly farther than any alarm I've ever owned. The usual obstacles still impede reception, but it's still leaps and bounds above anything else.

·
Registered
85 Posts
uh2 said:
I read reviews before I purchased that stated the 1/4 mile is optimal conditions. I never expected to get that...most times the specs that companies put out are to the extreme anyways.

That being said, like you mentioned, it's clearly farther than any alarm I've ever owned. The usual obstacles still impede reception, but it's still leaps and bounds above anything else.
What do you drive? They had my car in the shop for 3 or 4 days trying to figure out how to make it work. Every time I add something to my car people tell me it is the hardest car they have worked on. I dont know if they just dont know what they are doing or they are just bsing me. When I got my deck installed they had a Ferrari, porsche, and a tahoe all being worked on and for my alarm the place had a s500 and a custom tahoe. what is it with the STS? i know a new s500 has to have more technology in the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
STS_spinnin said:
What do you drive? They had my car in the shop for 3 or 4 days trying to figure out how to make it work. Every time I add something to my car people tell me it is the hardest car they have worked on. I dont know if they just dont know what they are doing or they are just bsing me. When I got my deck installed they had a Ferrari, porsche, and a tahoe all being worked on and for my alarm the place had a s500 and a custom tahoe. what is it with the STS? i know a new s500 has to have more technology in the car.
As of 3 hours ago, I USED to drive a '96 Impala SS. I had the Clifford in that car. Now, I drive a 2000 Escalade...The Viper is in that one. The place I took it to had it done in about 4-5 hours. I don't know what it is about the STS. I know our Caddy's require some special parts sometimes..but nothing out of the norm for an experienced shop.

Any installers out there ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts