Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good alarm systems that also act as car starts too? if so, which one's are good? i heard that some car starters screw with the locks on the doors...anybody know of this happening to them too? let me know. thanks!! :hmm:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes DEI makes many alarm systems with Viper being the top of the line. They also make Clifford, Python, Hornet, and more.

I would say you can't go wrong with a DEI alarm, especially viper. The Ungo/Clarion's are very nice too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Clifford and it works fine, usually. But its seems to be tied to the dome light system such that when the car turns on the dome, the alarm doesn't arm. If the dome light activates after the alarm automatically arms then it goes off. Kinda irratating but works. The remote starter is not a problem at all. Any of these DEI alarms experience the same thing?

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Premium AWD CTS
710 Posts
I have the python alarm/remote start, with all the bells and whistles. It works wonderfully and the range is awsome. I can start the car from the bestbuy store with the car parked in the upper garage..

David

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a code alarm installed it myself works great remote start and all i got it from autoalarmpro.com comes with everything u need very detailed instructions and conectors all!

·
Registered
2004 ext
6 Posts
an alarm system is good/bad . on the install. i have been installing for over 15 years. lot of people think they can install an alarm. i challenge any of u guys
to take a flash light and look under your dash. you might find a nest of wires.
all wires should look oem. look out for best buy, circuit city and yout mom and pop shops.......

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
gchery01 said:
an alarm system is good/bad . on the install. i have been installing for over 15 years. lot of people think they can install an alarm. i challenge any of u guys
to take a flash light and look under your dash. you might find a nest of wires.
all wires should look oem. look out for best buy, circuit city and yout mom and pop shops.......
that is 100% true

·
Registered
6 Posts
astorflex out of canada makes the best starter/ starter alarm units ever.i have been installing them for 15 years. 3106 is alarm unit 2106 is nice starter.haveone in my 96 suburban that has been in for 120000 hasnt missed a beat. most important be neat and solder. i have been playing with auto electric for 25 years. let a pro do it or be prepared for some tow truck rides and costly dealer repairs. cheap is not good. good luck, jim stoveken [email protected]

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a VIPER and the tech was able to program it to my factyory remote so I still have the memorized seats set once I hit the unlock key.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts