Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2022 ESV
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Onstar alert reads
The theft deterrent system has been triggered in your 2022 Cadillac Escalade ESV.
Sensor: Door/trunk/gate open

My neighbors are seriously pissed at me as am I frustrated this happens every few nights and wakes up the whole block.

I open n close the lift gate and window but this still keeps on happening every couple of nights.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
2023 Escalade 4WD Platinum DURAMAX
81 Posts
Try locking with the physical key built into the fob. I had this exact issue with my '20 Navigator recently. I couldn't get to the dealer right away, so I kept trying anything I could think of. Somehow, locking the door with the key bypassed the issue. BTW, even though this happened multiple times, there was nothing they could find in the diagnostics. Since I traded it on my Escalade, I don't have to worry about it. Yet... :rolleyes:

· Registered
22 Sport
135 Posts
Do you have the soft closing/cinching door option that comes with the touring package? I noticed sometimes the door does not cinch closed all the way if you're too gentle with it. If you lock it like that, it thinks someone is trying to open it and sets it off. That just happened to me last week.

· Registered
2022 ESV
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the soft closing/cinching door option that comes with the touring package? I noticed sometimes the door does not cinch closed all the way if you're too gentle with it. If you lock it like that, it thinks someone is trying to open it and sets it off. That just happened to me last week.
Yes I have soft closing doors.
The alert from Onstar always comes back Door/Trunk/Gate open I guess you may be right.
The question remains why does it happen hours after I left my car

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,903 Posts
Weak battery ? Maybe a dead cell ......... stranger things have happened to almost new batteries. Anything less than 12 volts is essentially dead.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Symmetry

13,028 Posts
Onstar alert reads
The theft deterrent system has been triggered in your 2022 Cadillac Escalade ESV.
Sensor: Door/trunk/gate open

My neighbors are seriously pissed at me as am I frustrated this happens every few nights and wakes up the whole block.

I open n close the lift gate and window but this still keeps on happening every couple of nights.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
This is certainly not what we like to hear, MikeGee. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 Cadillac Escalade ESV. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: MikeGee/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

· Registered
2022 ESV
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is certainly not what we like to hear, MikeGee. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 Cadillac Escalade ESV. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: MikeGee/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com
I sent an email 2 days ago never received a response

· Registered
2021 Escalade ESV Sport Platinum
22 Posts
Basically the tint company while installing the tint on the side cargo area windows used a box cutter to do the small cut outs around the laminated window break in sensors. You’ll notice there is a plug attached to the side windows and this is the break in sensor for the cargo area. It has a laminated circuit that is very sensitive to box cutters. This ended up costing me a new side cargo window to be replaced which was back ordered for 6 months.

· Registered
2022 ESV
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting, so I checked the side windows my wires are pretty protected doesn't look damaged they now 22 models have a box over it.
Curious if there is something else to look for I'm no professional

· Registered
2022 ESV
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dealership still hasn't given me an appointment so meanwhile I followed another user's advise I click on the sensor button above everytime I exit the vehicle which takes care of the problem.
Unfortunately that's what I have to deal with.

· Registered
2022 ESV
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dealer says tint may be the issue for the alarm going off 😳 they want me to take the car back and have the tint guy remove the tint and then bring it back.
I had tint on my 21 Denali no issues bunch of bull

· Registered
22 Sport
135 Posts
Dealer says tint may be the issue for the alarm going off 😳 they want me to take the car back and have the tint guy remove the tint and then bring it back.
I had tint on my 21 Denali no issues bunch of bull
Maybe if they pay to take it off and pay to get it back on.... I've had tint on every vehicle since 1999 to now, never an issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts