Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Tell me about your car. How many miles does it have? How's it holding up? What types of repairs are you having done? I had the same car as you and at about 110,000 miles, it exploded (with problems). I'd love to know how yours is holding up...

·
Registered
586 Posts
DONT SAY THAT!

I have 104,800 on it now. I keept getting the code P036. I dont really know what it means, but in the PCM, PD36 is front short term fuel trim. I replaced the front O2 sensor and the Fuel filter and it runs better now, milage is up 9 MPG!!! But it still runs a little rough, deff not as smooth as a cadillac. I still need to replace the rear O2 sensor, but i cant get to tool on it cus of the hard coolant line right next to it.

Last night my sunrroof was starting to give me problmes. When it opens, it will go all the way back, but the motor doesnt know its as far back as it can go so it keeps trying to push it. So i have to stop it just before it gets all the way back. It also makes a popping noise when i open it to go up. I think it needs an ajustment cus it dosnt sit level when it is closed.

THe upper motor mounts need to be replaced, they are shot... i think that might be why the car feels soo rough. The car vibrates on the highway, the dash shakes, and so does the steering wheel. I can see them shaking, but I cant feel it. All tires were ballanced 3 weeks ago. But the guy that ballanced them did a static ballance (weights only on the inside) so that they look good. I think im gunna have them redone with stick on weights on the inside of the wheels.

I just got new front tires too to replaced the bald ones.

I'm hoping this car doesnt give me any more problems cus I dont have the money to fix it.

Easter weekend when i washed it, my brother started it up and hit the gas a little, and LOT of smoke was coming out the back, white smoke. My boss told me i had smoke coming out at WOT also. I think I might need new valve seals.

But other that that it runs great, though I am considering selling it. I cant stand FWD, I wanna get back into RWD with either a Mustang or a Camaro/firebird.

Besides, I paid less than book value, so I can make a profit on the car.

·
Registered
522 Posts
White smoke means, that you have condence in exhaust (just normal) or water/coolant in cylinders(head gasket broken).
If smoke is black, then you must think about change eather valve seals or piston rings

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
AKP-- Im just wondering, do your friends, when talking about your car, are like "yeah its pretty cool", and then if you start talkin about an eclipse or something like that they are like those are soo cool. Because my friends are like "yeah his infiniti is pretty cool", but they start talking about my other friends V6 mustang they go crazy.

·
Registered
586 Posts
my friends know what a real car is... most of them are into classics or anyhting that will go fast. They know the northstar is a capable engine, they just dont know to what extent. :D

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Thats good, my friends go by its looks and if it looks like it can go fast, well then it cant not go fast :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
elwesso