Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadilac Deville Base, 90,000 mile
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of the blue, "service airbag" on my 2004 Deville came on. Don't know what would cause it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1973 Cadillac Hearse, 2002 Cadillac DHS
288 Posts
No, but your Caddy knows the exact cause. Use the on board diagnostics in the car to retrieve the codes and post them here along with their definitions. From there we'll be able to assist you in fixing it. See sticky on how to pull codes, top of this page.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,686 Posts
-Run both electric front seats and seat backs full travel several times.
-Cycle the seat belts in and out several times.
-Then cycle the ignition switch and see if the airbag light goes out.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,803 Posts
^^^what he said, plus there's submariner409's voodoo. Extend the seatbelts to full travel, tug on them. do that several times. This worked for me the first couple of times. After that, it was replace the pre-tensioner assembly.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
My air bag light has been on for a long time (B0065 IIRC). Just tried the above. It was the drivers seat back movement that made it go out. :thumbsup: Now we'll see if it lasts.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,686 Posts
My air bag light has been on for a long time (B0065 IIRC). Just tried the above. It was the drivers seat back movement that made it go out. :thumbsup: Now we'll see if it lasts.
Glad to hear it worked for you... hopefully yours will stay out. Mine came on a couple of times over the last 7 to 8 years. Cycling the seat/belts has always turned it back off.

·
Registered
2004 Cadilac Deville Base, 90,000 mile
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice people,,,, it will be a while before I can try, in a different state right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
-Run both electric front seats and seat backs full travel several times.
-Cycle the seat belts in and out several times.
-Then cycle the ignition switch and see if the airbag light goes out.
I own a 2004 Deville Base. I literally JUST had this happen to me yesterday. Light on... then this morning, it was off ??? Couldn't figure out why. Ran an errand, got in the car, and- light is on again. Came on here, saw this helpful suggestion. Guess what? I just did all of these things, and LIGHT IS NOW OFF!

I pulled the seatbelt full out, from both the headrest and seat bottom, several times and let it retract fully each time, while standing outside the car. A lot easier that way. Then, I operated the seat functions to full travel and back to my settings. All with no key in the ignition. Started the car, no airbag light.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,452 Posts
Welcome to CF !!!

Notice that this thread is 4 years old.............

Not clearly stated in this thread (there are MANY on the airbag [SIR] light/icon) is the need to also buckle the belt and yank the hell out of the buckle/pretensioner assembly - THAT's a monitored part of the belt system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts