Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 DEVILLE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone, hope all is well.
I know there are posts regarding this topic and a lot of people are suggesting the EBTCM is bad. Not sure if that pertains to me. My 2000 Deville has 68,500 miles on it. It was sold to me for dirt cheap because it needed new heads, they were cracked, and it was burning anti freeze like crazy. Long story short I had the heads replaced from this shop because I didn't have time nor the space to do it in or else I would have done it myself.. I get the car back and it's running perfectly!!! HOWEVER, now these lights are on which before they weren't. I'm thinking a connector was not connected properly, blown fuse etc... Everything seems to be working fine... ABS seems to work good. I slam on the brakes and no locking occurs, however, I do notice at first, once the abs light comes on, there is a vibrating oscillating feel/noise from the brake pedal momentarily then goes away but the light stays on... Can anyone tell me where this EBTCM is located? I read that it's on the driver's side underneath the car. I also looked up on youtube where some guy puts a jumper wire in the fuse box, under the seat, across two relays to get rid of the abs and brake light. I don't know. I'm new to Cadillacs,and am willing to learn... Any advice is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks Again....

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
I have an 2003 deville and when my abs/tc lights are on I have neither. In the stickies at top of forum try checking your codes then you can clear them and see if they reoccur. I fixed my light by using electronic contact cleaner spray on connectors then some dielectric grease. Where the sensor plugs into wiring from each rear wheels.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
On a side note, it's very unlikely that even one of the heads were cracked. I hope whoever did the work inserted or studded the block.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,289 Posts
Good morning everyone, hope all is well.
I know there are posts regarding this topic and a lot of people are suggesting the EBTCM is bad. Not sure if that pertains to me. My 2000 Deville has 68,500 miles on it. It was sold to me for dirt cheap because it needed new heads, they were cracked, and it was burning anti freeze like crazy. Long story short I had the heads replaced from this shop because I didn't have time nor the space to do it in or else I would have done it myself.. I get the car back and it's running perfectly!!! HOWEVER, now these lights are on which before they weren't. I'm thinking a connector was not connected properly, blown fuse etc... Everything seems to be working fine... ABS seems to work good. I slam on the brakes and no locking occurs, however, I do notice at first, once the abs light comes on, there is a vibrating oscillating feel/noise from the brake pedal momentarily then goes away but the light stays on... Can anyone tell me where this EBTCM is located? I read that it's on the driver's side underneath the car. I also looked up on youtube where some guy puts a jumper wire in the fuse box, under the seat, across two relays to get rid of the abs and brake light. I don't know. I'm new to Cadillacs,and am willing to learn... Any advice is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks Again....
===============================
check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

·
Registered
2000 DEVILLE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a side note, it's very unlikely that even one of the heads were cracked. I hope whoever did the work inserted or studded the block.
Believe me I know what you mean. Supposedly yes all that was done but there are times where you have to go with it. I don't usually let others touch ANY of my cars but under my circumstances i had to have it done. So I'm hoping for the best. I do get discouraged when I see all these lights on the dash that weren't there before. Thank you all for your thoughts, i will mess with the car the next few days when i have a second. To confirm is the EBTCM located under the car drivers side engine bay?

Thank you again.
JP

·
Registered
96 Concours, 05 DHS
184 Posts
Yes, the EBTCM is at the bottom left front corner of the engine bay. It has lots of steel brake lines connected to it.

But pull your codes first. They should tell you details about why the lights are on.

·
Registered
2000 DEVILLE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so i tried pulling codes and got nothing. It didn't show any exisiting codes. "No abs,ddm,dds,dim codes" only thing it showed were two codes IPC B1004 and IPC B1327 both in "History". "No ABS DATA".Not sure what "AMP ?" meant so i just let it go through the list of codes. I cleared whatever codes were present to see if the lights would go away, 2 out of the 3 went out except for the abs but then came right bk on. I did a quick look for the connectors on the EBTCM but was having to deal w other issues before my son had to take the car so I really didn't check for loose connections etc.. All three lights are still on though.. I know it isn't much Info but thanks to all again for your inputs..

JP

·
Registered
2000 DEVILLE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the EBTCM is at the bottom left front corner of the engine bay. It has lots of steel brake lines connected to it.

But pull your codes first. They should tell you details about why the lights are on.

UPDATE/FIX for my dash lights... so i took the car back to where I had the Heads done. They literally had it for 2 weeks to repair other screw ups and to clear those 3 dash lights "ABS TRACTION BRAKE" After 2 weeks they took care of an oil leak and they found a ground wire had frayed or was pulled from its location making those dash light come on. Replaced the ground wire and no more lights.. I got my caddy bac kas good as new (somewhat) it is 15 years old.... Thank you to all who helped out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts