Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a used 2014 XTS Luxury on 4/25/15 from Jim Glover Chevy in Tulsa. On 5/14/15, we had our vehicle towed back to the dealership because the rear suspension gave out. All of the air in the rear suspension system let itself out. We got the car back on 5/28/14. They said they found no issues with the vehicle. They refilled the air, drove the car, let it set for several days, and made sure no air had leaked. I drove the car home tonight, 6/1/15, from work. I got in the car to leave again later after getting home and the rear end was sitting down on the tires again. Any idea what could be causing this? I struggle trusting the dealer after saying they found no issues. Should I have better luck taking it to a Cadillac dealer instead of the dealer I bought the car from (Jim Glover Chevy)?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Air Suspension Loosing all Pressure

I had a similar issue with my 2013....the dealer said it was a shorted out compressor which they replaced....no issues since (but it's only been 2 weeks).

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium Black Diamond - 2011 CTS Luxury Black Raven
108 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2013....the dealer said it was a shorted out compressor which they replaced....no issues since (but it's only been 2 weeks).
Had mine done in February with no problem since and I have noticed this particular problem on alot of XTS's....even in the dealer lot with brand new ones.....mine still goes down after sitting awhile but not as low and rises when I drive....when I 1st get out its high if that makes any since.....I think its one of those problems that just creeps up

·
Registered
'03 & '06 CTS's (traded), '14 XTS Lux (traded), '16 CTS4 Premium 2.0T (now)
461 Posts

For what it's worth, the owner's manual comments that air may bleed out over time. I assume this means while sitting. But, obviously, it should "pump" back up via the compressor once you start the car. The first time I heard my compressor go off, I'm like going "What the hell is that?!" Then I remembered something about load leveling, so I found it all in the manual.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I'm just seeing all these posts since my original one and
I've learned a few things since then. I didn't realize that the car had a compressor as part of an auto leveling system. I completely misunderstood the service tech from the first go-around. Both times now that I had the car towed to the dealership, the car had 'fixed' itself. So basically I looked like an idiot because they assumed that there was nothing really wrong (which is why I got a copy of the 'slow leak' service bulletin and told all was well)... Once we got on the same page I was able to show them a picture of the car squatted. They now realize something is actually wrong and are trying to duplicate the problem. I plan on calling them tomorrow to ask them about the shorted compressor and getting it replaced. Luckily I still have plenty of bumper to bumper warranty left.

Thanks again for your feedback.

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,696 Posts

The rear end drops as low as an inch. I had mine sit for a few days and put a tape measure next to the fender before starting it. It rises about one inch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts