Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1976 deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help!!! I have the car and I want air ride. I need tips and possibly good recommendations on good products. Also ways to make the job as easy as possible. Any ideas on a good set-up. No side to side, just fast front n back

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,734 Posts
Not too many guys here deal with air ride, but I can help. I have a system for my 71 Pontiac. Use cups/brackets for the 91-96 Caprice. Slam 7 bags. 1/2 line. Two good compressors and a big tank if you want it fast. You can do valves right on the tank, but it will be faster if you put the valves out by the wheels. Use a fill and dump for each corner even if you don't want side to side. This prevents air transfer on corners. Use good wiring, fuse properly, and a proper matched compressor cut off. You'll need to be able to weld, and to cut the frame pocket up front to clearance for the bag. Additionally, you need to weld in brackets to relocate the front shocks. You can control the valves with whatever kind of switches you want, home made or pre-wired. You'll get a little extra drop by trimming or removing your bump stops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts