Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 deville
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am interested in deleting the rear bags in my deville. has anyone done this? where does the resistor go to turn off the air ride message?

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Deville 4.9
46 Posts
I wish there was a button to press to delete them! I have read many threads on here about alternatives, you just have to search for them, Mine have been down for the last six 8 months since i got the car, but when i filled them up with air the car rides so nice and smooth! Thats why i will i dont want to get rid of them but i must get them fix quick, everything is clicking when i ride.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
The air leveling gives you message? That's a new one for me, unless you actually mean that you're getting the active suspension warning, which is a whole different ball game.

Anyways auto level is easy to get rid of, all you really need is some higher rate rear springs. You can install some different struts too, but you really don't have too.

·
Registered
98 deville
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reason i was looking for someone who has done it is because i am going to scavenge a set out of a crashed car and i want to know where to look for the resistor that supposedly comes with them so the car does not notice they are missing.

·
Registered
97 Deville, 08 Envoy, 88 Lx Stang (Gone But Never Forgotten)
61 Posts
Have not personally had the chance to tackle this.. But i would look and the wirring harness near or around the rear bags. Follow the electrical wires that go to the auto leveling sensor and i bet you will find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts