Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how often the air ride pump is supposed to cycle on and off? I'm sitting in the car with the kids waiting on the wife in the store and my pump is coming on about every minute. I stood outside for a bit with my leg against the running board and I can feel the ride height go up when it turns on but don't really feel it go down. Maybe because the shocks bleed off slower than it fills up. But anyways I am just wondering what the acceptable limit is before I need to start worrying about leaking shocks. Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
That is way too often. I would say you have a leak. May not be at the shock, you will have to have it checked. What year is the truck, what's the millage?

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
Nice Ride said:
That is way too often. I would say you have a leak. May not be at the shock, you will have to have it checked. What year is the truck, what's the millage?
Could also be a leak at the compressor. Agree it should only come on when the truck is first started or if you put a ton of weight in it. You should also be able to feel your shock bladders. They should be rigid, and not soft. The compressor should not be running that much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an 08 esv with almost 100K miles. We just picked it up a few weeks ago. Is there a procedure that I can to to isolate the leak? In not a dummy when it comes to mechanical work. I just don't wanna pay a dealership to do something if I can do it. I squeezed the driver rear shock and I could tell it had air in it but it wasn't hard. There was some resistance.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
mxer0022 said:
It's an 08 esv with almost 100K miles. We just picked it up a few weeks ago. Is there a procedure that I can to to isolate the leak? In not a dummy when it comes to mechanical work. I just don't wanna pay a dealership to do something if I can do it. I squeezed the driver rear shock and I could tell it had air in it but it wasn't hard. There was some resistance.
It should be really firm. Check them again in the morning after the truck has sat. Bet they are completely empty. You need to spray the shock bladders down with soapy water and look for bubbles. I'm guessing it's the shocks. Might even want to swap out the compressor. Dorman makes an easy plug & play swap out. You can find everything on Amazon and will save you a ton of money as it's fairly easy DIY project.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I find Arnott product very good plus they have a real warranty, until you are own the car. Small manufacture is always better compare to big corporations.

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
Ive never even heard mine. Didnt know you can hear it. My back seems to sit right and feel right. Maybe i dont have air ride though.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
I got the hose kit for the compressor costed around 100$ it comes with a hose that connects to the left rear air shock the pump and the hose that is going to the right rear air shock. I put the escalade on even ground and disconnected the battery and rest the system and now I am good. So before you get shocks and a new pump you should try the hose kit first. I use to get the pump running periodically and I knew it could not be the shocks since they was replaced 6 months ago. I was going to get a new pump but I tried the hose kit first and I was successful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'm gonna try and find the leak with soapy water. If that doesn't work I'll start replacing items starting with the cheapest parts and the hose kit sounds like it would be it. Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
There is a know issue with a connection on the pump. Google it on the escalade. Its a cheep piece before you do the lines. I agree with the soapy water test on everything. Pit weight in the truck, as soon as it pumps up start spraying... be patient.... In my opinion, I would stick with all stock items.

·
Registered
2013 Escalade
54 Posts
I just went through this with my 2008 Esky. 88k miles and the rear shocks went out. Ext warranty picked up the tab, 4k miles later and the new ones exploded per dealership (both sides). New shocks again and a new compressor this time.

It rides like new again, u will definitely feel a little bounce here and there when they aren't working properly.

Good luck !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts