Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
07 Escalade EXT 09 CTS4
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 escalade and was told by the dealer that I need a compressor for the air ride. I like doing these things myself and it saves money too. does anybody know where the compressor is located and if it is difficult to take it out? has anybody ever replaced thiers? how did you do it?

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
I replaced mine at the beginning of the summer. Took half an hour. Very easy to do. The compressor is located behind the drivers side rear tire. It's on the frame, attached with three bolts. You disconnect the wiring harness, the air inlet tube that's connected to the gas filler neck, and the three bolts. Falls right down. I got The part from Lindsay Cadillac for $300. Dealer quoted me over 500 with installation.

·
Registered
07 Escalade EXT 09 CTS4
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you steve. I will give it a shot. i greatly appreciate your reply.
chris

·
Registered
07 Escalade EXT 09 CTS4
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just out of curiosity. did this cahnge the way the the escalade felt going down the road? was it a smoother ride?

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Well I knew that my compressor stopped working, so it became really obvious to me that that back of the car wasn't level. As soon as I replaced the compressor it ran for the about 30-45 seconds and when I took it for a ride it felt the way it always did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts