Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
03 Deville
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if the air pump was located on top of the engine or on the left driver side and the relay for it on a 03 deville? Also how do you replace it thanks

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,148 Posts
The pump is located in front of the wheel house (drivers side). Remove the lower plash shield. Pull the center of the plastic rivets and then pop them out. Same for the forward wheel house splash shield. Be advised that there is one mounting bolt on the back side of the pump (blower) that you'll have to use the Braille method to remove. It's a PITA. The relay should be in the under hood fuse box I believe.

·
Registered
2003 DHS, 97 BMW Vert, 08 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
87 Posts
The relay is on the firewall behind the coolant recovery tank.

Ranger, if you also pull out the drivers headlight, the pump is very simple to change. This also allows you access to the intake hose for the AIR pump.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,148 Posts
Didn't pull the headlight when I replaced mine last summer. I did not have much problem with the intake hose, neither the original nor the updated version. That rear mounting bolt is what gave me fits. The headlight is good info (for someone else), but I doubt I'll ever need to change it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts