Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
The good thing about the suction gun is you can use it to both remove fluid and add fluid. So you could use it to take a sample of the differential fluid without draining the whole unit. I got mine cheap for <$3.00 at Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
^^ Suction guns are just WAY to messy...thats why I like my little soap dispenser thing...works great...takes a little while but how many timea do you need to change the diff fluid?
I don't agree with the instructions on the FAQ for using the suction gun. There is no need to disassemble it; ie, remove the top. Merely advance the plunger as far forward as possible to evacuate the air and insert the plastic extension hose into the quart bottle and pull on the handle to fill the gun with fluid. You can mix the additive in with the fluid in the quart bottle. Then simply transfer the fluid to your differential, tranny, or whatever. As simple as it gets. Of course you need to flush the gun with the same fluid you are using for each job but you need to do that with any pump or transfer tubing.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
My suggestion:

Use the suction gun for lube transfer. Use the soap dispensor for cleaning up afterwards - if you really need to.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts